Pc longplay of Tyrian 2000 - link not working

Last updated on 9 years ago
H
Hi, everyone!

Not sure if this is the right section to post this. I've searched the forum - very quickly, I must admit - but I couldn't find a place to discuss any problems with the movies.

Anyway...

I was excited to see a longplay of Tyrian 2000 and I was eager to watch it.

But when I clicked on the link, the download page showed me this message:

"Item not available"
"The item is not available due to issues with the item's content. "

Do that mean that the longplay won't be downloadable anymore?

Actually, it's not that big of a problem, cause I can always watch it on YouTube. I'm just a bit disappointed that the video is not high quality. But it's ok, if there's no other choice : )

Thank you very much for your attention and for the great work you're doing here!

I really enjoy watching all of your longplays!

(sorry for my terrible grammar, english is not my first language)
MadMatty
Its another one of those games that someone at Archive.org has deemed the video unsuitable and deleted it with no explanations. (The make_dark.php script has been run on it)

They have been deleting videos seemingly at random with no real pattern to it. Unfortunately non of us have a complete local backup of all of the longplays so we cant restore the files.
H
Thank you very much for your reply.

I imagined something like that. I guess it might have to do with copyright issues or whatever.
I just wanted to be sure it was a problem of Archive.org and not just a mulfunctioning link. I'm glad I asked ^_^

As I said, it's no big deal : ) I will watch the YouTube version. High quality or not, I can still enjoy the longplay and that's what matter to me.

Again, thank you so much for your quick reply and keep up the good job!!
Eino
Hi,

glad to hear there's demand for this longplay still. I have both the compressed and uncompressed videos on my HD and can resubmit. You probably watched the video in YT already though.
H
@eino :

glad to hear there's demand for this longplay still

I remember playing Tyrian 2000 just once a long long time ago and I really enjoyed it. It's a great game so I was happy to have a chance to look at it once again.

You probably watched the video in YT already though.

Actually, no. For now, I just took note to watch the YouTube version, but I haven't yet.

I've been waiting to see if the "problem" with the link would be resolved... and I admit I was too shy to just ask in the forum what the problem actually was.

I have both the compressed and uncompressed videos on my HD and can resubmit

I'd love to see the high-quality version of this longplay, but, really, I can be fine with the YouTube version. : )
I don't want to give you any more work you probably already have. I guess you guys are very busy.

Anyway, thank you very very much again for your answers!!
I'm positively surprised to see so much support from you guys. Thanks!!

(and again, sorry for my terrible english)
MadMatty

Eino wrote:

Hi,

glad to hear there's demand for this longplay still. I have both the compressed and uncompressed videos on my HD and can resubmit. You probably watched the video in YT already though.

If you want to re upload it to ftp I will stickit on archive and hope they don't delete it again.
Eino
The video is now on the FTP. It's unfortunate to hear about the random deletions at Archive.org. If this problem persists and more of my videos are deleted, I could for example upload those videos to Google Drive and share the links here. Haven't tried GD with larger files though so I'm not sure how acceptable the download speed is.

I don't want to give you any more work you probably already have. I guess you guys are very busy.

You SHOULD report if there are problems with downloads :)

When videos are listed, those should be available to download. No point in submitting if not.
MadMatty
This video is now re uploaded and online. Thx Eino.
H
@eino and MadMatty:

Yay!! Thank you very much, guys!!!

You SHOULD report if there are problems with downloads Smile

When videos are listed, those should be available to download. No point in submitting if not.

I understand. I'll try my best to keep you informed from now on.

Thank you for your support. I really appreciate all the help you've given me. You're all very kind!

Keep up the good work!
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.