Legend of Mana (PS1)

Last updated on 13 years ago
Louise
Legend of Mana is a fantastic PS1 game with exceeding cute graphics and sound.

[img width=583]http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/screenshots/ps/legendofmana/legendofmana_790screen017.jpg[/img]

http://www.gamespot.com/ps/rpg/legendofmanathe/index.html

There are many videos of this great game on YouTube, but all either lack video/sound quality, or the lack of experience of making good LongPlays :)

Tsunao
From what I know, Tarosan is trying to tackle the Seiken series. Haven't heard much from him, other that he/she/it is trying to complete Final Fantasy Adventure (or Sword of Mana if you have played the remake of it)
Ravenlord
That game is on my list don't know when will i start doing it, probably not soon, so maybe Tarosan will do it before ;)
Sic Parvis Magna
K
All three story lines would be nice. Character choice? I go more for the Female Characters when I have the option in games. xD
Ravenlord
I'm fan of the female characters also :P
Sic Parvis Magna
K
My MMO Accounts are nothing but Female Characters. I mean. I'd rather stare at a Chick's butt all day than a guy's. >.>
Tsunao

My MMO Accounts are nothing but Female Characters. I mean. I'd rather stare at a Chick's butt all day than a guy's. >.>

I do this most, if not all, of the time, especially Monster Hunter (just the armors. LOL Compare Qurupeco armor.)
Also, sometimes, there is a reason to play a female character, especially equipment and stats.

Equipment: FlyFF. Female Clockwork armor is usually better than males. Example would be Mercenary armor and Assist armor. Mercenary boots (I think...can't remember) give Hit Rate, and only female Blades I believe can only reach 100% Hit Rate (3 piece Dest armor and one of the CW armor pieces). As for the Assists/Billposters, their armor pieces give Additional Damage (unlike males, which give like...HP and Defense bonuses. Can't remember). If it helps, I sometimes see a player shop selling a piece of a set at different prices. Like...Einy boots for 500k and Akan boots for 200k. They offer the set bonuses. Lv75 female Blade set looks like they are wearing a thong of sorts. LOL Hell, all the armor is like that, well maybe except Hagane.

Stats: online Phantasy Star games. In Phantasy Star Portable 2. Female Newmans make the best forces. Hell, Newmans in general are the best Force users. Females also have higher accuracy than males. Males have the better evasion rating, probably achieving perfect evasion. F Newmans can reach that point as well...I think. In PSO, HUnewearls - Female, Newman, Hunter - can learn up to Lv20 Techs, unlike HUmars - Male, Human, Hunter. Granted, HUnewearl is a Newman, and Newman are more magic inclined. FOnewearls - Female, Newman, Force - have the highest TP and highest MST. From a MST standpoint, is it FOnewearl > FOnewm > FOmarl > FOmar.)
Tsunao
Topic went from "plz do Legend of Mana" to "i play with girl characters". LOL :3

On a more serious note:
Would be neat to see the 3 main arcs (Faeries, Dragon, and Jumi) finished, as well as some of the side arcs, like Niccolo, Gilbert, and Daena/Escad...and maybe some other ones. I know I have finished all three of them before (Don't know a favorite about Faerie. Dragon = I <3 Sierra. Knives, man. Jumi = spam Golem = EZLevels. Plus, Blackpearl. :3 HAMMAH TIEM!!)

Of course, some of the event activations are a little easier said than done (like the one to get the Revive Ring.)
Ravenlord
I did all the quests on the list when I played before, so if I will be the one who will record, It will be 100% completed game :)
Sic Parvis Magna
T
Yeah I'm planning to do the Seiken series at some point... it's a big challenge considering the stuff I got atm.
Ravenlord
I'll probably start legend of mana recording after I finish Tomb Raider 2, it could be next week probably :)
Sic Parvis Magna
K
Cool. :3
Louise
Sounds exceeding good =)

Just for the record, I choose the female character also, but for different reasons ;)

AMReese
Didn't Tarosan say he was going to do Legend of Mana...?
Ravenlord
He is doing mana series, yes, I will do just this game from the series, not others, but If he wants to do it before me, no problem :)
Sic Parvis Magna
Y
All three story lines would be nice. People's choice? I go for more female characters, I have been in the game options....
T
@Ravenlord it'll take me a while to get there but if you can do it before I can, I have no problems over it.
Ravenlord
No problem, i have some other games to do at the moment, LOM is pretty long, I don't have time for it now, when I start it I'll tell you, if you start it first then be my guest ;)
Sic Parvis Magna
Y
I intend to do Seiken series at some point ... This is a big challenge things, I consider the automatic teller machine.
Louise
What's your view on keeping/skipping the dialogue in the game? There sure is a lot of it.

I also recall some very long side quests, the one with the students to class and the one with Gilbert comes to mind, that doesn't really give the player any items or introduces new areas. Just a lot of back tracking.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.