The OUYA, get the facts straight from the source

Last updated on 12 years ago
smegbug2
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ouya/ouya-a-new-kind-of-video-game-console

They have legitimate video game industry people involved.

Robert Bowling, president of the game developer Robotoki is involved. He granted the OUYA exclusive access to a new game, "Human Element".

Muffi Ghadiali, who is in charge of making the OUYA product, hardware and software. Muffi joined OUYA from Lab126, a part of Amazon, where he worked on the Kindle line of products. Go to the Kickstarter page to read a message directly from him.

The OUYA is going to have a Tegra 3 chipset from nVidia. The complete specs are as follows after the message promoting/advocating modding and customizing:

Have at it: It's easy to root (and rooting won't void your warranty). Everything opens with standard screws. Hardware hackers can create their own peripherals, and connect via USB or Bluetooth. You want our hardware design? Let us know. We might just give it to you. Surprise us!

Specifications:

Tegra3 quad-core processor

1GB RAM

8GB of internal flash storage

HDMI connection to the TV, with support for up to 1080p HD

WiFi 802.11 b/g/n

Bluetooth LE 4.0

USB 2.0 (one)

Wireless controller with standard controls (two analog sticks, d-pad, eight action buttons, a system button), a touchpad

Android 4.0

ETHERNET! (Announced by Muffi 7/18)

You'll also be able to access Twitch.tv on it.

I'm not working for or with them, I just want people to have the right info. With the news that you can alter the console, this just might mean longplays will be possible. I'm getting one with two controllers. Find legit info on the OUYA by following the link at the top. I will post more info when more updates are added.
johtto
I would actually be interested in getting this new "Console" I think it would be a great addition and a great leap forward in the gaming world as more people who may not have the money for a large console (Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii) can enjoy a fun time by simply purchasing the controller.
Metal Gear! uhhggg
norsebard
I'm still waiting for "The Phantom".
?"Work is for people who can't play games!" - Billy Mitchell
smegbug2
They just landed a game that proves this console is legit.

FINAL FANTASY 3

Here is the update from their page.

We’ve been saying that OUYA will offer all kinds of games.

This morning, we are honored to announce that OUYA is partnering with Square Enix to bring you one of the most beloved franchises in gaming -- Final Fantasy. We will kick this off with Final Fantasy III, which will be a launch title on OUYA. This will be the first time gamers outside of Japan can play FFIII on their televisions through a console.

But that’s not the end of it: We’re promising to deliver Final Fantasy III like you’ve never seen it before – Hironobu Sakaguchi’s third installment in the role playing game franchise will be updated to exploit OUYA’s high-definition resolution in glorious graphic detail. For those of you who are new to Final Fantasy, we’ll offer a free demo so you can give it a go!

Previously unreleased in the U.S. until it appeared as a 3D remake for the Nintendo DS in 2006, Final Fantasy III was widely referred to as one of the “missing pieces” in the FF series. OUYA players can now proudly claim this piece of the puzzle.

We’re thrilled to bring this storied franchise to OUYA.
Me: "Just had an epiphany, being in a chatroom with gamers is like an "It's Pat" sketch, only longer and with a lot more people."
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.