Opposing PIPA/SOPA.

Last updated on 12 years ago
K
I got this link from someone on another forum. Apparently it's a petition to stop them. http://www.google.com/takeaction

I already signed last night before I went to bed.
Ravenswood
The White House has opposed both bills, but I think SOPA will pass, which means Barack Obama would veto it. PIPA will pass and move on to the House.
I eat video games, I sleep video games, I play video games...until I had to work 8 hours.
K
Even if they do pass, they won't be up for long. The bills will cause a country-wide Internet crash, as well as country-wide rioting.

The hackers groups know as Anonymous, is already attacking the government because they took down megaupload.

These bills will basically eliminate our rights on the Internet, and continue to grow until the whole internet is censored.
Q
if americunts want some of their IP back, then they must give lands to native americans first ^_^
johtto
*Perma Ban*
Metal Gear! uhhggg
K
Well, got some good news today. Looks like PIPA/SOPA have been shelved. Temporarily, but at least they won't be voted on as of yet.

They need to be shot down permanently though.
Phlebiac
Just keep on voting and defacing whenever they try. Voting seems to help. #OOPS# left handed religion fuckers.

They are the devil they say "NO" But in the meantime they download #OOPS# whenever it's up to them. Same goes for Buma/Stemra who holds also copyright and bullshit in the Netherlands/Holland. Same goes for BREIN.

#OOPS# them people, they only make profit. And censoring the internet is bullshit. Think about how many providers will lose money? For cancelling subscriptions? Do you know what happens with that? Economy is gonna be fucked up. Company's lose money, so economy goes down.

Good job BUMA/STEMRA or PIPA/SOPA... WAKE THE #OOPS# UP, AND DON'T LIVE IN THE FUCKING PAST!!!! SCREW YOU FUCKS!!! AND GET A LIFE!!!
johtto
Agreed, Censoring the internet in the short run will ruin small companies in their internet section from making money and low to mid-class business owning families will be in struggle after the fact. This website would be likely be blocked, and i've come to like you guys, including Youtube.

Happy Longplays
Metal Gear! uhhggg
K
PIPA and SOPA have been temporarily shelved, but now a bigger threat has emerged called ACTA. I urge all of you to find petitions and sign them to stop this monstrosity. It has taken on all of the worst aspects of both PIPA and SOPA.
Ravenswood
Great...three bills we must face right now. I don't think these bills will die because the government is bringing them back each time they postpone or shelve the bill.
I eat video games, I sleep video games, I play video games...until I had to work 8 hours.
K
Well, as long as petitions keep being signed, I don't think there's anything to worry about. Even if they do get activated by some miracle, people won't take them sitting down.
PIPA=Peepah=Peeper=Peeping Tom THE USA IS TRYING TO SPY ON US!
K
Our biggest threats right now are ACTA and TPP. I can't remember what TPP stands for, but it's Trans-Pacific something, I think.
Ravenswood

Kitsune wrote:
Our biggest threats right now are ACTA and TPP. I can't remember what TPP stands for, but it's Trans-Pacific something, I think.

Well Kitsune, TPP is Trans-Pacific Partnership, a free-trade agreement that is recently not yet negotiating in Japan.

Internet censorship is currently talked about in the United States with SOPA/PIPA, and in Canada with Bill C-11. The world's internet censorship is getting strict as years go by.
K
Yeah, well. It needs to be stopped. Censoring the Internet is just going to lead to it's destruction.
G
I agree this bill is not necessary.
S
Online piracy (IAD) and IP Protection Act (PIPA) and to stop the promotion of human rights dispute and protest, and Lynch mobs are burning for the Internet. SOUP and the opposition against the U.S. T-winning team of this successful PIPA, which has been subject to a lot of help from many technology savvy.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.