AviSynth 2.5 has problems with TechSmith codecs

Last updated on 11 years ago
C
Hi everybody. This problem is not a new one and I've already searched for solution via google, but I have found no solution.

- First, I'm using AviSynth 2.5 latest stable version.

- Next, I tested next TechSmith codecs:

TechSmith Screen Capture Codec v3.0.1 - it comes bundled with latest trial version of Camtasia, dates from 2012 year,
TechSmith Screen Capture Codec v2.0.6 - available for download from TechSmith site, dates from 2005 year,
TechSmith Screen Codec 2 v1.0.6 - I have no idea where I've found this one but it dates from 2013 year.

- Ok, the problem itself:

Videos that are compressed with above codecs cannot be properly "handled" by AviSynth 2.5. By "handled" I mean that video opened for playing via AviSource("video.avi") is flickering, flashing, frames are mixed, in short it's complete mess. Same thing I get as a result when I encode video using AviSynth script. Encoded video is mess again.

VirtualDub handles such videos without problem. So what would be the problem? Can it be solved?

AviSynth doesn't have problem with Lagarith codec, but it seams to me that TechSmith codec is faster (?!?) and for sure it produces smaller files. So I like to prefer TechSmith one.

ccronik
MadMatty
For that codec you need to open with Directshowsource.
C
Holy cr***! I love short and fast solutions.

Thanks man, you saved me!
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.