Cropping and Resizing on Avisynth and MeGUI

Last updated on 5 years ago
DiggerandIndy
Whenever I'm trying to crop and resize on my Avisynth script, my MeGUI gets cranky at me, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. What's the right way or right commands for my Avisynth script? I'm trying to learn to eliminate black borders on my videos.
Mariofan98
Which platform longplay did you do?
DiggerandIndy
Recently, a fan translation of Ihatovo Monogatari for the SNES (you should look it up, it's a uniquely interesting game). I'm trying to get rid of some black borders near the title screen.

I'm also wanting to do the original Paper Mario for the N64, and I found that's got borders big time, so any help and knowledge would come in handy.

Here's what I put on my Avisynth script for dealing with borders:

DirectShowSource("Example.avi"Wink.crop (24, 40, -24, -40).bilinearresize(640,480)

And since then, meGUI's been nitpicking about this. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Spazbo4
are you using megui itself to crop it or just putting those values in manually? also dont worry about resizing it to 480p, if it is under 480p just double the resolution like it says you should do in our forums
If I can't be the best then I certainly won't be the worst.
DiggerandIndy

Spazbo4 wrote:

are you using megui itself to crop it or just putting those values in manually? also dont worry about resizing it to 480p, if it is under 480p just double the resolution like it says you should do in our forums

I use Virtualdub to figure out the numbers to crop it, then put it in manually.
NPI
You can crop it in vdub. Go to video -> Filters -> Add -> Null Transform -> Cropping
DiggerandIndy

NPI wrote:

You can crop it in vdub. Go to video -> Filters -> Add -> Null Transform -> Cropping

I've figured that. My question is how do you properly interpret the cropping in Avisynth script so that MeGUI can read it correctly?
Mariofan98
I do it so with snes longplays:

avisource("SNES.avi" )

#trim(1000,10500) # Trims the Video - get the framenumbers with VirtualDub - remove the '#' if you want to use it.
SubsStart=200
SubsDura=600
Subtitle("SNES", first_frame=SubsStart, last_frame=SubsStart+SubsDura, y=395, size=24, text_color=$ffffff, align=2)
Subtitle("Played by Mariofan98", first_frame=SubsStart, last_frame=SubsStart+SubsDura+5, y=420, size=24, text_color=$ffffff, align=2)
Subtitle("www.longplays.org", first_frame=SubsStart, last_frame=SubsStart+SubsDura+10, y=445, size=24, text_color=$ffff00, align=2)

Crop(0,0,0,0)
#AddBorders(0,2,0,0) #Add black line (most codecs need dimensions dividable by 4 or 8)

ConvertToYV12(chromaresample="point" ) # Converts to YV12 colorspace for h264
DiggerandIndy

Mariofan98 wrote:

I do it so with snes longplays:

avisource("SNES.avi" )

#trim(1000,10500) # Trims the Video - get the framenumbers with VirtualDub - remove the '#' if you want to use it.
SubsStart=200
SubsDura=600
Subtitle("SNES", first_frame=SubsStart, last_frame=SubsStart+SubsDura, y=395, size=24, text_color=$ffffff, align=2)
Subtitle("Played by Mariofan98", first_frame=SubsStart, last_frame=SubsStart+SubsDura+5, y=420, size=24, text_color=$ffffff, align=2)
Subtitle("www.longplays.org", first_frame=SubsStart, last_frame=SubsStart+SubsDura+10, y=445, size=24, text_color=$ffff00, align=2)

Crop(0,0,0,0)
#AddBorders(0,2,0,0) #Add black line (most codecs need dimensions dividable by 4 or 8

ConvertToYV12(chromaresample="point" ) # Converts to YV12 colorspace for h264

Okay, let's say I have multiple videos like this:

DirectShowSource("001.avi"Wink+\
DirectShowSource("002.avi"Wink+\
DirectShowSource("003.avi"Wink+\
DirectShowSource("004.avi"Wink+\
DirectShowSource("005.avi"Wink

And I only want to crop and resize the first one, leave the rest of them as is. What's the code for that?
JonL
DirectShowSource("001.avi"Wink.Crop(left, top, width, height)+\
DirectShowSource("002.avi"Wink+\
DirectShowSource("003.avi"Wink+\
DirectShowSource("004.avi"Wink+\
DirectShowSource("005.avi"Wink
Play long and prosper!
DiggerandIndy
Thanks a ton! All this has been very useful.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.