Voting for requested Longplays

Last updated on 9 years ago
G
I think there should be a collected list of all requested long plays in a very clear and easy-to-browse fashion and the possibility of casting your vote as a forum member as to which one of the games in the list you would like to be done next. That way people making the videos could see which ones are the most popular and requested out of the abundance of all the requests on the forums. Cheers!
Pronto!
Eino
Nice idea!

I think you're on the right track. There should be a clear section for request, but also limit the number of requests. Some people request tens of games at a time and collecting all the requests into a list with hundreds of games is not only tedious, but defeats the whole purpose of making requests. It's like saying, just record every game out there. If the request section was automated, there could be a set number of requests each member could add. For example 3 / month. This would help requesters to think more carefully what games they would actually want to see. Games with more requests could be highlighted in the list as higher priority.
G

Eino wrote:

Nice idea!

I think you're on the right track. There should be a clear section for request, but also limit the number of requests. Some people request tens of games at a time and collecting all the requests into a list with hundreds of games is not only tedious, but defeats the whole purpose of making requests. It's like saying, just record every game out there. If the request section was automated, there could be a set number of requests each member could add. For example 3 / month. This would help requesters to think more carefully what games they would actually want to see. Games with more requests could be highlighted in the list as higher priority.

Aye! I can see single posts listing up to many dozens of games at once and there ain't just no way that is gonna happen in a reasonable amount of time and effort with the few people actually involved in doing these longplays (god bless you, you oughta be paid for the work you do!). You should put out a kickstarter campaign to fund and use that money to hire professionals to make the long plays! Hehe. =P On a more serious note, I think one or two requests and/or votes per month per user would be a good amount. Let's say one new game requuest or one vote on a game that is already on the requests list, per month per user. Different versions of the same game should be sorted out into different votable items on the list, of course, since sometimes remakes and remasters have a lot of differences when compared to the original, not to mention multiple paths in a single game e.g. Resident Evil or Command & Conquer type games with different playable factions or characters. Bujakasha!
Pronto!
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.