Sega talks Shenmue III

Last updated on 14 years ago
Raidennn
Sega talks Shenmue III
Posted on January 29, 2010

[img width=300]http://archive.videogamesdaily.com/media/shenmue3/shenmue3_350.jpg[/img]

Famitsu 360 just put out it's annual Japanese developer interview issue. For the developer issue, Famitsu polls developers to see what their upcoming plans for the Xbox 360 are, which by extension, usually ends up pertaining to PS3 owners as well.

In this year's issue, Sega talked a bit about the oft-requested Shenmue follow up. It's a title they still think a lot about doing, however, sales are a factor. Neither of the previous games sold well, so Sega is hesitant about returning to the franchise. They reassure fans, though, that if there is an opportunity to revisit the franchise, they would love to do it.

Sounds like Sega is hoping that one of the platform holders fund it, perhaps in return for an exclusivity deal.

Source found here: http://www.ps3center.net//news/4293/Sega-talks-Shenmue-III/
Konnichiwa!
matanews.com/wp-content/uploads/maria-ozawa.jpg
T
Introduction: I like to watch the long railway quietly by myself, and it seems that the twists and

voip phone service
Stealthborn
For the longest time I have wanted to see a Shenmue III. Whether it happens or not is uncertain. I would love to see Yu Suzuki come back and give it a go but something tells me that won't be happening. It still is a travesty that they left it on a cliffhanger like that though after the 2nd game. And to think, Shenmue was my favorite DC game as well. Here's hoping that Sega gets around to making this happen (and releasing Revenge of Death Adder but that's another story in itself).
Omaru
Well Sega have got some new Racing Game due out and The guy is one of the characters in the game, I can imagine that has probably generated some talks. I wanted to like Shenmue II but I just found it hard near the beginning of the game to earn money (it also doesn't help that I suck at games.) The series was always intended as a trilogy so maybe they should go back to it, I felt like the Yakuza games were the spiritual successor to Shenmue and those were both great, so Shenmue is deifnitely owed a 3rd tiem around.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.