Oddworld Games

Last updated on 15 years ago
jmchandler
This is a great site. Thanks for all the great recordings.
I have recorded Abe's Oddysee (PSX), Abe's Exxodus (PSX), Munch's Oddysee (Xbox), and Stranger's Wrath (Xbox). The first 3 are ready to upload. If you are interested in these, then I will upload them and Convert Stranger's Wrath to mp4 for upload also. These are all English.
Do you want them? If so, how do I upload them.
Thanks.
paisan
I'm interested ^_^
To upload, you can go to the irc; irc.abime.net, and ask hipoonios, and he will give to the info, or visit this page: http://recordedamigagames.ath.cx/upload.php download that text file, and write the info.

Good Luck :-D
jmchandler
I have uploaded the first 3 games. I should have Stranger's Wrath ready to upload by tomorrow.
xfighter1138
Cant wait for it
jmchandler
I Have all 4 oddworld games uploaded now.
AdminBot
I took a quick look at your videos jmchandler. Great work! Im a bit buzy this week so give me a few days and i'll add them to site+youtube.
RickyC
:oo I always wanted to do some of the series but never was any good so glad someone did them. Im surprised Hipoonios likes a 5.4gb file. Might be hard/time consuming to get a youtube version of that but i'll check them out too! The last abe's odyssey we got the quality was pretty bad specially wit the sound desyning.
RickyC
I've looked at the Abe's odyssey quickly and im sure it was the same one uploaded before. The sound goes completely out of sync, freezes for 15mins at about 01:05:00 and in at two other place like that for a shorter time and for a 2d game video isnt really as sharp as it should be. :/

Not sure if Hipoonios will put that up. He should check the others, I will too when i get time.
jmchandler
This is distressing..... I checked my copy and it does the same thing.
My original copy does not though, and I will redo it. The pictures quality is because of it being a playstation game. The PC version is probably a little better quality. I am very sorry about the hang ups...I am going to redo it and double check it before I reupload it.

Let me make it right.....I will recheck all my movies....then I will report back to you which ones are good or bad...I am sorry that I did not check them first, I just didn't expect them to be bad.
jmchandler
Hey hipoonios,
Delete the two Abe games..I need to redo them both.
I will thoroughly check the 2 Xbox games, but I think that they
are OK.
Thanks and I'm sorry about this.

BTW....Do I need to make the Xbox games in shorter parts?
Like about 2 hours each?
RickyC
Nah hipoonios hates multipul parts :p, However he might like making strangers wraith a little smaller in size, unless its a very large game its the only one i've not checked.

Also if you can make them 640x480 resolution. I realised that them being 340x240 was making them not as sharp as they could be. Unless you can't capture at that resolution or deleted the originals. Also makes it easier to get on youtube with high quality option.
RickyC
Actually strangers wrath being smaller won't matter sine everything over 2gb will be a torrent download.
jmchandler
I still have all the original captures and they seem to be fine. Somewhere in the conversion process, some of them got some glitches!!
I can redo all of them in 640x480 if you want, but the file sizes will be twice as large..doe's that matter? Now, they are 720x480..DVD size for USA. Let me know what you would prefer. I can upload them to my Megaupload account first for testing if you want also.
RickyC
Are you using megui to encode them? You just alter the settings so they aren't twice the size but either the same size or a bit bigger. The original settings in the guide was really meant for 2d amiga games if you're using that. Hmm maybe Hipoonios makes new guide!

Munch's odyssey doesn't look as bad as i thought it would look at 340x240 but its up to you. Each person will encode their movies differently and 3d movies can be a pain to encode at high resolutions if you're pc aint fast.
jmchandler
I haven't figured out Megui yet. But I redid Abe's Oddysee and converted it to 640x480. There are no glitches at all and the qualilty is a little better.
It is now uploaded. The size is 1.3 gig. Let me know what you think, and then I will redo Abe's Exxodus.
jmchandler
I have reuploaded a good copy of Abe's Oddysee.
I am still working on Abe's Exoddus....I am almost ready to upload it.
It has been hard trying to get the audio right when I convert it.
jmchandler
I have finished redoing and Uploading Abe's Exoddus.
Now all 4 Oddworld games are good and uploaded.
The 2 640x480 Abe games are the redone games.
jmchandler
Hey Rickyc,
Is there a problem with the Oddworld Games?
I used x264 codec to convert to mp4.
My copies checked out great before I uploaded them.

Not Rushing.....Just checking!!!
RickyC
I remembered when i posted yesterday about them! I gots no control over when things go on the site but i can upload them to youtube. I started oddysee this morning and part 1 is on and part 2 is processing.

The rest are quite big so it will take time for me to download, then split then hope youtube accepts them :o
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.