Ghostbusters: The Video Game request

Last updated on 14 years ago
K
Actually, I've beaten this game once already. Just haven't really felt the urge to play it again yet.

I like to watch LPs and Speed Runs because I'm the only person in my home who is an avid gamer.

Kind of a lonesome existence playing games alone all the time.
Omaru
Ravenlord: I often try to use watching LP's for the games I haven't managed to beat, or enjoyed but not enough to replay.

That said, ghostbusters is one relatively easy game, the only boss I had trouble with was the librarian, she knocked me over repeatedly.
K
Well, the
Most videos work just fine.

Some just don't wanna work right, I guess.
Ravenlord
If there is no other way play the game by yourself, that's the main purpose of all games ;)
Sic Parvis Magna
K
I have to wonder. Are you guys using anything else aside from Codecs?

Might explain why the codec packages aren't doing anything.
K
Did what you said, still desynchs even with bsplayer.

Thanks for trying to help, but I just give up.

Nothing is going to work.
Ravenlord
If it won't play sound it's definitely codec problem, and you computer configuration is great, try uninstalling all codecs, all, all, and clean your registry with tune up utilities, the install only one codec pack, which contains all codecs in one and try again ;)
Sic Parvis Magna
K
I can;t use Bsplayer, either.

It'll open files, but won't play any sound.

I just give up...I'll never be able to enjoy the LP.
K
Believe me, my computer isn't slow. I just upgraded to a new Motherboard and a really good processor. 3.4ghz Quad Core Phenom X2.

The Codecs didn't make any difference. And unfortunately, I don't think another player is going to either.

Not to mention I also have a 1 Terrabyte Hard Drive and two Gigs of RAM.

I really don't know why it desyncs for me.

But I guess I'll give Bsplayer a try...
Ravenlord
I also noticed that file is about 10GB, some slower computers have problem playing big video files, big videos are reproduced slower than audio, and problems occur, I saw problems like that before ;)
Sic Parvis Magna
Ravenlord
Try using Bsplayer ;)
Sic Parvis Magna
K
Well, I guess it could be a codec problem. I dunno, though. Because I use VLC Player to watch everything. Winamp is too prone to crashes while using Codecs.
I really hpe Kitsune has a codec problem, because I have looked at the files I uploaded to archive several times now, and I can not see or hear any desync problems. Try downloading and installing http://www.free-codecs.com/download/k_lite_codec_pack.htm
Ravenlord
You probably have codec problems if nobody but you noticed desync.
Sic Parvis Magna
J
So what's happening with the run?
K
I'm enjoyed the Long Play for about an hour and a half, at which time the sound decided to desync.

I know it might sound lame, but I HATE it when the sound effects don't go along with what I'm watching.

I wish that problem would just GO AWAY!
Ravenlord
Length is not a problem really, I have to finish the game once before recording to refresh memory and everything and then play second time and record ;)
Sic Parvis Magna
J
I heard it's about 10 hours long I'm not sure if that's true or not.
Ravenlord
I have it on PC, but I have other PC games currently recording, but I'll put it on the list, if nobody does it before me, I'll probably do it ;)
Sic Parvis Magna
K
I wish this PC game was longer. I beat it in one sitting, hehe.

But I had a LOT of fun.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.