Placluclu's Longplays

Last updated on 13 years ago
Placluclu
Well its been 6 months since ive first joined, and had no clue what i was doing. Thank you guys for making me feel welcomed :)

My Longest project is now complete; Back to the Future.
All 5 Episodes are recorded and up to the site, and on my personal youtube channel. (placlutwo)

Also completed:
Portal 2 (Single Player)
Little Big Planet: Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves
Crash Mind over Mutant.

So big thankyou once again!
Placluclu
I have encoded Portal 2.
it didn't like it having 95 fraps files... so i halved it down into 2 parts
Since the runs only 3 and a bit hours, How do i make it into 1 part, since i did cut it off in a weird place.
Ravenlord
I'll record it with my girlfriend, but not at the moment, because that game is new and won't be published right away on YT, I cannot record with you over internet because I don't have unlimited internet traffic at home :)
Sic Parvis Magna
Placluclu
do you wanna do it together? or ill take single player (which is done btw)
and you and your friend take co-op?
Ravenlord
I'll also record coop LP of Portal 2 ;)
Sic Parvis Magna
Placluclu
i Shall. at one point.
Ive played through single player already (hell i streamed all 8 hours of it ><) so thats why im starting the long play, so i dont dick around etc...
as for co-op, im doing a blind commentary with a friend. as for a longplay of it, I would rather again do it a 2nd playthrough with sombody else.. if anyones offering.
paisan
Sounds nice. Will watch it after playing it myself ^_^.
How about doing a LP of the Co-op campaign since it's a completely different story?
Placluclu
Portal 2 Longplay. Yay.
Placluclu
Ok, i have decided that im going to not submit Console LongPlays anymore. Main reason, my capture card has high file sizes, and I take a while to finish stuff. If i know im going to complete a game in like a week or so.

Not that im going to stop console stuff. I just wont post as much on here.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Placluclu [Pokemon White, Ratchet & Clank etc]
http://www.youtube.com/user/Placlutwo [Back to the Future, FF13]

Sub to me on youtube if you want to see some of the stuff i promised. I will record them. Just segments.
Placluclu
I don't think I would do a Longplay of it.
but i am considering a playthrough, I don't know, its just a very bad put together game.
G
When will you do Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts? I would like to see longplay of this. Most videos of this on youtube has commentary and it ruins the experience of watching gameplays. So when will do Nuts & Bolts?
Placluclu
Back to the Future is *apparently* coming out in a few weeks. With the launch of Jurassic Park though idk. (no i have not brought Jurassic Park.. I will do it, but not immediately. maybe)

Since the fileserver is down right now, backed up I have:

Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves [PS3]
The Wonderful End of the World [PC]

Recorded & Encoded.

Little Big Planet (1)
The Simpsons Game
Final Fantasy 13

Currently recording. I would like to stress that FF13 isn't being reguraly recorded, and will take a while.

I was going to upload, Pokemon White, however that was just too long. Its on my main channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Placluclu

and my 2nd Channel (FF13, TellTale Games, LBP etc) here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Placlutwo

Everything is organised in a Playlist, feel free to sub (I do upload different games, that arn't uploaded here :)
Placluclu
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=66E8649BFFCF9A70
For All Back to the Future/All Longplays will be on this channel First.
This playlist is for all the Back to the Future Stuff.

IM having encoding issues. (ME BEING DERP) third time the charm aye?
anyway. yea depressed people, click that link..
Just remember, im one 16 year old Aussie school student, with a social life.. ;) I cant do everything at once D:
Placluclu
I don't know about New Super Mario Bros Wii. My Capture card isn't liking the Wii right now, but 360/PS3 games are all good. I Just recorded Episode 2! If your in deperation, find it on my channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/Placlutwo) It's basically my second channel for all the TellTale Games.

-N&B.. I tried recording that for my main channel... It turned out a tad weird.. I may try again, as it is a game i would love to do. Maybe not 100% for a LongPlay, (that would take serious time) I'll Consider it, Expect alot of PC/PS3/360 Games for the time being.

=====================
Simpsons Game [360] 4/20 Levels Complete
Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People [1/5 Epps Done]
Back to the Future: The Game [2/5 Epps Done]
=====================

Remember, I play games for my main channel first, and then maybe upload here.

G
After doing New Super Mario Bros Wii and Banjo-Kazooie (XBLA), Can you do Banjo-Kazooie Nut & Bolts as well? I have BK: Nuts & Bolts but too tedious for me to play it all over again since some of the challenges are insanely difficult.

All you have to do is in Megui is to increase the numbers on the quality settings until it's small enough and make sure the quality of the video is still good.

If you need to edit your mkv and mkv is not supported in Vegas, you can use virtual-dub. Just download the mkv plug-in for virtual dub to edit your mkv file. It will be saved/rendered in avi format so you'll have to encode with megui again.

Or, alternative you can use Tmpgenc's new Video Mastering Works 5, a video editor/encoder/converter, supports all inputs and output in any file. Never used it but I heard it was really good.

Placluclu
Crash: Mind over Mutant is on the Site and P1 on Youtube.
Get Tannen (Back to the Future Episode 2) was released today, currently downloading it now, That should be up in a few days!
Placluclu
I know i said NSMBW would be coming next..
Not true. Anyway Crash Mind over Mutant will be uploaded tonight
Placluclu
Okay, well since BTTF Episode 2 isn't coming out for a while (knowing telltale usually release at the end of the month) So deciding what to do in the meantime.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii!

I already have worlds 1 & 2 recorded 100% all exits, all star coins, all that good stuff. And as for the Secret Exits, I have just sped the levels up (since it is a second time showing them) and slowed down when its different, same when i miss something.

I think I'll have World 1+2+3, Worlds 4+5+6, & Worlds 7+8+9, making 3 parts round 2hours each. The last video may be co-op, I don't know.
Placluclu
Ravenlord: Shall do tonight/tomorrow
Tsunao: Your right about the MKV, kinda a blonde moment for me >>

Well if i render out in MP4 (which i use for youtube) it will be just under 3GB an episode, so ill do some experimentation, and read the Fraps topic I saw.

I'm sure like i have found with youtube, once I figure it once, I do it 1000 more times.

EDIT: Its uploading now, i kinda screwed up, i created a folder "Back to the Future" but they didn't go in there :S... Kinda feel like an idiot now :L

Also followed that Fraps guide, and made a nice little 1.5GB MKV File!

EDIT2: I have some ideas for some more LPs, listed them in the first post
Tsunao

Can i just render a mkv file in Vegas?

I don't see an option for MKV in Vegas...well, the version I use. o_o;; I don't think Vegas is all that good.

And i can always reduce the file seize somehow if thats necessary?

But the file will be somewhat small though. If you need, I say go ahead, as long as the quality is decent. If you are using MeGUI, you can change the quality for the x264 scratchpad thing. I set the quality to 30, since 30 and the default 23 setting don't look any different. Higher number = better quality.

Tip: When you are ready to upload to the FTP (assuming you are using Filezilla), change the file...setting...thing to resume upload. (Transfer -> Default file exists action) Change the upload setting to "Resume". It will save a lot of headaches and continuous trying to upload the same file over and over (happened to me with Circle of the Moon).
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.