Red Faction 1/2/Guerrilla

Last updated on 13 years ago
B
Let me take the liberty to formally request longplays of these games. :-)

Short Description:

Red Faction is FPS released in early 2001 on PS2 and in late 2001 on PC. It featured destructible environments (though this feature had extremely limited use in singleplayer), very Half-Life-like gameplay (not without problems though) and pretty darn awesome soundtrack (and, therefore, thick and very unique atmosphere). Despite all its flaws - it's a really decent game and a must play for any HL fan.
Technical note: PS2 version features 44 kHz ADPCM music, PC version - only 22 kHz ADPCM music (BUT features also a couple of additional tracks - extended remixes of already existed tracks mostly). Therefore, it is advised to go with PS2 version if you decide to make longplay.

Red Faction 2 was released in late 2002 on PS2 and in early 2003 on PC and NGC. I didn't play this game but I know it's widely considered to be somewhat worse than the first part. As far as I've heard, the use of destructible environments in this game is somewhat wider, than in the first one.
Technical note: PS2 version uses 44 kHz ADPCM music, NGC uses 48 kHz ADPCM music and the PC version uses bloody awful 128 kbps mp3 music (and it REALLY sounds like s**t). Therefore, it is strongly advised NOT to go with PC version if you decide to make a longplay.

Red Faction Guerrilla is 2009 PC/PS3/Xbox360 sandbox TPS. Destructible environments everywhere, and so on. It has some longplays on youtube, but I am not sure if they are complete in terms of secrets (and I've heard there are quite many of them in this game). As for game... good visual design, really good and atmospheric music, wrecking havok with explosives and pretty repetative sandbox gameplay (sad but true :-( ). As far as I know, any version of the game should do fine for a longplay.

I am really looking forward to see high-quality longplays of these games on this site.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.