New PS1 emulator

Last updated on 13 years ago
G
A new ps1 emulator has came out not too long ago and supposed to be better than PCSX-RR. This one is called PSXjin it has Save States, ReRecording and built-in AVI output. Can someone do some testing and see if it's recommended for longplays.

http://www.emucr.com/search/label/PSXjin
Tsunao
Thanks for the head up.
Even though it is in beta (I think, according to file name), I will give it a shot later when I am on Windows XP (currently on Mac OS X).
It might give me an excuse to do Parasite Eve and Parasite Eve II.
K
Ooh. I've been looking for a new PSX Emulator for a while, now.

PCSX-RR is bad with barely any plugin and game support.

I'll have to give this one a try.
G
If anyone is going to use a PC game-pad, don't use the Segu Pad Pro Driver 0.4 Only keyboard input works for that plug-in. Instead use N-Rage Plug-in 0.95, When in the configuration window for this plug-in, go to the drop down box and select digital, and click driver to select the name of the PC game-pad you had. Then configure the rest to work with your PC game-pad and click OK.
RickyC
I tried this the other day but I still coudn't get One to load up without freezing like it does on pcsx. Would love to play through that game but i'd take me awhile without rerecording.
Tsunao
Welp, I am having NO luck with it. I can get games to record, but there is one problem: I can't get sound to record. For me, the WAV file dumped when recording AVI is "empty" (I open it, and the time is 00:00). I looked at the Sound configure and I enabled Sound Recording. Chose to record, and the same thing happens. I even tried putting the audio file in VirtualDub, but no dice.

This is starting to remind me of the plugins for ePSXe that allows recording and audio dumping. At least the sound dumping worked.
Might have to try the other "versions" of psxjin.

Then again, this emulator IS in Beta.

Welp, looks like I am still sticking to my special PSP and RemoteJoyLite to record PSX games.
RickyC
You dont use the inbuilt wav recorder. Set the graphics options to .kkapture mode ticked and untick framelimit + display. Then download .kkapture. Place kapture exe with the psx emulator and run. Been awhile but i think you then select the psx.exe in the options and select where you want the video being then click kkapture! psx will open and just select to play the movie. kkapture will then record while the emulator is playing along with the audio
Tsunao
I don't like using kkapture. >_>
That same method was used on pcsx-rr and I couldn't even play the game (I refuse to make a movie file). Probably psxjin use the same method.

I'm still sticking to RemoteJoyLite and mah PSP.
Connor
Figured I would try to get some PSX-longplays using an emulator, but ran into a rather serious problem.

I was going to start with Bust-A-Groove, a rythmic dance-game, but the sound was completely out of sync, making it more or less impossibe to run the game. It was rather similar to when I try it on my PS3, you have to press the buttons about half a second earlier than the music suggests.

Is this a common problem with emulators, or just the one I tried (PSX-jin)? This also causes problem in other games, for eacample reflecting damage in Vagrant Story is incredibly difficult.
Y
I still coudn't receive a load is not cold like it pcsx the same. Would like to play this game, but I did not re-recorded by my side.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.