Pc: Discworld

Last updated on 15 years ago
Pc: Discworld has been published.

Feel free to discuss this movie in this thread.
O
the youtube link leads me to sam & max link... Plz fix thx
baldie
Sound missing around 16 minute (library) and the other parts of the longplays. "Repack?".
RickyC
Yeah, the sound is missing from the start i noticed :/
I have no idea why the sound drops out of Act I, I'm thinking about rerecording the whole act. To see if it happens again. Not sure when thoug as I'm working on Sam & Max Season 2 at the moment.
quackstar84
Geekmeister Thank you very much for your time on making this and "Discworld 2: Missing Presumed" I watched all through Discworld 2... lol. I could have played it myself but I would have just used a walkthrough. Any how like RickyC has stated on this one, there's sound missing so I've stopped watching it because it's just not the same without it. Please if you do get the time, would you re-do Act I please?

Thanks again. I really enjoyed watching number two (I watched it three times over two hours each.. hah.)

I'm going to have a look at another one to watch, I'm thinking Sam and Max: Season One... heh

Cheers again!
I have plans to redo the entire game, on sunday. I'm still not 100% sure why the sound drops out, but I have narrowed it down to a probable problem with the actual recording tool. I used Camtasia recorder, and recorded each act individually, but for some reason the recording tool stopped working after saving each avi file. This has not happened in other recording projects where I used the same MO. Anyways I'll rerecord on sunday and encode over night and hopefully get them uploaded to the ftp on monday morning/early afternoon. So look out for it. And I apologize for the problems with this video.
quackstar84
You're doing it again so soon? That's excellent! I look forward to watching it (and getting tired eyes!). There's not many games I could just sit down and watch, but this one is just so funny... lol.

Thanks again mate! =)
Varilion
Just wonder how it is going with the redo of Discworld...?
Lord Varilion

card.mygamercard.net/Varilion.png
Not going well. I keep getting the same problem, so I'm beginning to suspect there might be a problem with the ScummVM engine I was using as well. It might not be stable enough, I'm not sure :-S
Varilion
Sorry to hear that... there are not any newer ScummVM that you can use?

You cant just record it as segments (if you dont already do that) and just merge it later on...

Just want this so bad and without the audiolines its not the same, some of the best things about this game is the audio (so funny).

Hope that you havent given up on Discworld!
Lord Varilion

card.mygamercard.net/Varilion.png
I tried that, and managed 2 ~20 minute segments before the audio drops out. and it took me nearly 8 hours to do so... :-S I am continuously checking the ScummVM site, as they have been given permission from Mr. Pratchett himself to release the game as freeware. As soon as they make a stable engine that can run Discworld (And there are already enhanced music tracks for the game) I will use it to rerecord a better version.
Luciferd3
The Audio of this game is the main reason to play,
Its so funny, Soo.. i just have to wait untill you can make it work...
O
Thanx for the hard work, Keep up the good work.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.