Connor

Last updated on 13 years ago
Connor
Since I'm finally done with my first LP, I thought I'd record what I was planning/able to do in the future.

Done
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
flower
Valkyria Chronicles
Braid
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty
Final Fantasy XIII
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time
Journey
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Vagrant Story
Final Fantasy X-2
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD

In progress
Valkyria Chronicles DLC

Planned
Final Fantasy XII
Fallout: New Vegas
The Last of Us
L
Possible
Vagrant Story
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time
Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty

This movies i would like to see from you
Connor
Any suggestions from the more experienced longplayers on how to handle a game like Vagrant Story?

It's an action-RPG, basically, with a fairly normal story and progression for a first playthrough. But they have a "New Game+" mode, where you can do another (and another, and...) playthrough keeping your stats and items from the previous.

In that mode, there are an additional number of bosses on "side-quests" (around 10 I think) and a number of new parts of the world are accessible. But it doesn't add anything to the story, and there is no "completion-marker" or anything that shows if you've done things.

Also, there are numerous hours to spend on grinding for such things as ultimate weapons and a title-system for finishing the game under different conditions (less than 4 hours, without using healing, etc).

While I could do all those things (almost, getting all ultimate weapons is probably a 100+ hour endeavour), showing the griding would obviously be extremely boring, but there are no obvious "cut-points" where you can add in these things, since it's part of the original world. And showing 5+ playthroughs just for different titles wouldn't be particularly appreciated either, I suspect...
Ravenlord
Well in my knowledge in this games leveling up, and other stuff like repeating something in order to get weapon or particular item are usually cut off, and then you just leave final event, when you get certain weapon or item, and I think for a LP you can just record main story with everything that you can extract from first play, i don't think playing again and again will gain you anything but huge LP size and time ;)
Sic Parvis Magna
Ravenlord
BTW I see Tomb Raider Underworld on your list, I did that game a while ago, it's in a PC section ;)
Sic Parvis Magna
Connor
Huh. Odd, I could have sworn I searched for Tomb Raider and didn't find it. Oh well, I'm pretty sure I will survive without playing it again. :)

Anyway, when cutting out grinding and such, is it normal to leave some kind of placeholder informing the viewer of that (like a text saying "10 hours of grinding") or just cut it and let people figure out why the character is all of a sudden much more powerful?
Tsunao
Cut it and let them figure it out. If people can't read descriptions (and maybe don't go to GameFAQs), which is the majority of people on FailTube, then it's their lost. Be sure to tell them when you are mysteriously strong.

You could do what I did when I did a grind on Symphony of the Night for the Ring of Varda: use a natural screen transition. You could also going through a door something, stop recording, do the grind, and record when you go through that same door when you stopped.
Ravenlord
http://www.longplays.org/modules/rmdp/down.php?id=510 ;)
Sic Parvis Magna
Ravenlord
And for grinding, anyone who knows the game knows that you're stronger because you have hours and hours of grinding, just include it in the info file withe the game, simply write everything that you did and what you cutted out ;)
Sic Parvis Magna
Connor
Yeah, I saw your TR-play, I must have missed to look for it at all when I wrote the initial list.
Raidennn
Yay! awesome uncharted 1 is done! ^^ thanks so much. any idea when it can be uploaded??? :)
Konnichiwa!
matanews.com/wp-content/uploads/maria-ozawa.jpg
Raidennn
never mind about when its uploaded i copied it from my server to main com. will watch it tonight! Thanks so much Connor for doing these great series! =)
Konnichiwa!
Connor
I should be able to upload the corrected version later today. It's currently in the last hour of encoding. Not that it matters to people with FTP-power. :-)
Raidennn
Ohyeah forgot to ask. did u collect all tresures?
Konnichiwa!
Connor
All 61 of the 60 available....
Connor
Turns out my HD PVR doesn't really agree with playing PS1-games on the PS3, and it definitly didn't like playing them on my PS2. I'm getting the weirdest framerates (108.22 or something like that), with some frames being (badly) reconstructed interlaced frames.

Since I don't really like playing games on my computer, it will take until I either figure out what is wrong, or find time to setup the computer hooked up to the TV and with a decent controller. In the meantime, I've edited the first post to reflect this, in case someone else wants to do any of them.
Connor
People are probably getting tired of all my "how to play" questions, but I have one more... :)

I was thinking of doing some shorter games while I wait for inspiration for doing Uncharted 2, and have recorded "flower" today and am trying to encode it right now (it's messing with me, though).

When I browsed through my PSN-games for short stuff, I remembered Braid as well. It's an excellent game and I wouldn't mind recording it, but it is fraking HARD and there's no way I would be able to get through many of the later stages without several deaths.

It's also almost made for dying, since you can just rewind time and try again, in same cases you even have to die to progress... Anyway, if I played it, it would be full of time-reversals from deaths, and some of the puzzles in the later stages require VERY good timing, probably requiring several attempts that would be hard to edit out.

What's the general option on a longplay like that? Leave it for someone who is a better player? :)
Raidennn
Nice and interesting question. Hmm u prob need to ask headmaster at the irc chat. :)
Konnichiwa!
Connor
IRC? I haven't used IRC since the 90's... (Yes, I'm that old.) I'm guessing the kids these days don't use BitchX on SunOS workstations anymore.... :) I'll see about that in the morning, it's bedtime around here now.
Connor
My search-fu seems to have improved, and I noticed that there are at least two people who have offered to do Shadow of the Colossus. I still have it on my list, since if I do it, I would do the upcoming HD-remakes for that and ICO that are on their way for the PS3.

There's also been offers for various Ratchet games, but I'll keep mine there for the time being, since they were several months ago with no further information or login from the person who offered.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.