Streets of Rage Remake

Last updated on 13 years ago
Highblood89
So I found out today that there is a Remake of the popular franchise "Streets of Rage"

It is available for the PC and can be downloaded here:

http://www.bombergames.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1012

Anyways, a Longplay of this game would be nice.

(preferentially 1 player with CPU or 2 player, character does not matter)
Ravenlord
I'm on it ;)
Sic Parvis Magna
Highblood89
AWESOME!

Many thanks, Ravenlord!

Have fun and Good luck! :D
Ravenlord
I'll do it in two player with my girlfirend ;)
Sic Parvis Magna
Highblood89
Hey, any news? :)
Tsunao
He is probably doing it, but I have some bad news:
Sega contacted the person who made the remake and told him to get rid of it (or something like that). Think of it as what happened when Square sent a C&D to the some people making Chrono Resurrection (a remake or something of Chrono Trigger) and Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes. Resurrection was canceled (and everyone raeg'd HARD!). As for Crimson Echoes, it was still released (like...somewhere in late 2010 or so).

I'm going to download SoRR and keep it for archival purposes. >:3
ScHlAuChi
For those who havent got it yet, i still have the link:
http://www.multiupload.com/B7A7GYL2UN
Ravenlord
Doing it at the moment, stay tuned ;)
Sic Parvis Magna
Highblood89
Yeah, I've heard about SEGA's Copyright-BS :(

Anyways, it's cool that you are still working on it. :)
Ravenlord
Don't know what's so horrible about fan remaking game old as bible, nobody will buy game so old anyway so there is no profit for SEGA, same for Chrono Trigger, Jackasses
Sic Parvis Magna
Highblood89
Well, I buy old games over eby or at an yearly event in my town (which is luckily quite close to my home, lol), but SEGA doesn't get any profit of them, because they aren't new (as you kinda said).

Well, SEGA became what many publishers and game developers are nowadays...MONEY WH**ES!
Ravenlord
I'm also buying old games, I meant no profit for publisher because those are mostly second hand games!
Sic Parvis Magna
Highblood89
That was what I basically meant. :p
Ravenlord
Sorry we cannot record Streets of Rage, the game does not use DX because it's not official game and I'm having problem with recording software because of that, it's more like emulated game, If I find a way to record it I will ;)
Sic Parvis Magna
Tsunao
Well, I guess I will try to do it then (I have cleared it at least 5 times now. Gonna try Very Hard now. :3).
I just need to figure out HOW. FRAPS can't detect it. HyperCam is forbidden (plus it isn't all that good.). The upload page says that screen recorders are not recommended, but that's the only way to record it. Some of them HAVE to be good. One I can think of is Camtasia.

If anyone have any ideas of good recording software, I'm all ears. For now, I will try to use Camtasia (and play without listening to audio. D:) and [d]lurk[/d] [d]spam[/d] go to the IRC and get some opinions.
Highblood89
ZD Soft Game Recorder...maybe? :/
Tsunao
ZD said my license expired. >_>
Too lazy to "obtain" it.

Techsmith, while it was sorta good, gave me a recording that has "slowed down" action, which will be "sped up" when I put it through MeGUI or VirtualDub. Might be the codec.

In short: Raegquit!!
Ravenlord
Tried with ZD, same as fraps :/
Try with Camtasia, maybe you could do it ;)
Sic Parvis Magna
Tsunao
I was having second thoughts on using Camtasia with the game on full speed instead of 60FPS.
Doubt it will be any better.
Highblood89
I asked my mate what he used for his SoRR gameplay video.

Here is his reply:

"I used HyperCam for capturing (version 2.24.01, though I imagine many are acceptable) at 60FPS. The codec I used was "DivX 6.8.5 w/ 2 Logical CPUs" (should be a free and easy to find codec), and the codec settings are:

Certification Profile: 1080HD Profile
Encoding Presets: 1 Quality Encoding Preset (great for speed, good quality, and recording stability)
Rate Control: 1-Pass quality-based
Target Quantizer: 2

If they download the DivX codec and it has a watermark, they can probably turn if off by finding the DivX folder (usually on the C: drive in Program Folders or Program Folders (x86)) and click its config.exe, where one of the options is to turn it off."
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.