Question on MeGUI

Last updated on 13 years ago
Ivan
OK, it's me again. This time, I was trying to go through the entire process of creating the final muxed file, just to get the hang of it.
So i created an AVS file, wich plays fine, then configured megui as posted in the "dummies guide" here on the forum, but when i try to enqueue my avs file, it says that cannot open it, because it "could not open video stream in any supported format". As the reference line in the script, it gives me the last line of the avi files if i cancel both the "+" and the "" at the end of it, or the next one (a blank line), if i cancel only the "+". I tried with an avs file with 32 or 16 avi files in it, but the result is always the same (both files play fine in Windows media player).
Am I doing something wrong?
Please excuse my evident incompetence, and thanks for your attention.

Ivan
Tsunao
Trying to figure out...

If your file is AVI, are you using AviSource or DirectShowSource?
Did you record with FRAPS? MeGui LOVES to do this to me when I was trying to do Parasite Eve.

it gives me the last line of the avi files if i cancel both the "+" and the "" at the end of it, or the next one (a blank line), if i cancel only the "+".

So you are saying it looks like this or something?

AviSource("filepath.avi +")

The right way to do that is this:

Avisource("filepath") +\
AviSource("filepath2") +\
AviSource("filepath9000")

In short, the last Avi file shouldn't have a plus at the end.
Oh, and AviSynth doesn't really read blank lines. You can have a AVS file filled with 20 blank lines and it will still work fine.

Also, if you append too many files, there will be no audio (learned that from Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth and Chrono Trigger)
Ivan
Thanks for the fast reply!
I recorded with FRAPS, I am using avisource, I have tried creating an AVS script with a list of 32 and 16 files (wich I don't think are too many), the lines around the end of the AVI files list are:

AviSource("015.avi")+\
AviSource("016.avi")

Fps=60

Thanks again,

Ivan
Tsunao
Hmmm...so it is FRAPS. Same thing happens to me sometimes (did it when I was doing Parasite Eve).

Try keeping the preview window when you select the AVS file and then enqueue. If it fails, just keep trying.
F
sorry...can i ask too??
i've a problem same like a thread owner,
"could not open video stream in any supported format" when i create Avisynth Script in AVS Script Creator.
i try to understand what did u told above..but i didn't know how to.
well, sorry for being noob.

in detail, 1st of all when i try to encode an Avi format video, i create avi synth Script using AVS script creator,then when i try to save,popup menu appears like this "Avisynth script error : avi source : could not open video stream in any supported format". i've try to uninstall n install megui, but the same things happen.

BTW, this problem only happen to 450p avi version, and the xvid avi version just fine to encode.

hope u can help me.. =(

T-0815
Post your AVS script and give detailed information about the source file. (resolution, codec and so on)
F
this is an AVS script that i've created using AVS script creator in megui :-

AVISource("C:\fakepath\Video\HS.450P.avi", audio=false).AssumeFPS(30000,1001)
#deinterlace
#crop
#resize
#denoise

this is a pop up error message when creating avs script :-

avisynth script error :
aviSource : Could not open video stream in any supported format.
(C:\fakepath\Video\HS.450P.avs, line 1)

and this is an information about the source video :-

File name : HS.450P.avi
item type : avi video file
size : 780 MB
Length : 01:03:42
Frame Width : 800
Frame height : 400
Data Rate : 1521 kbps
Total bitrate : 1723 kbps
Frame rate : 29 Frames/second

Audio
Bit Rate : 192 kbps
Channel : 2 (stereo)
Audio Sample Rate : 48 kHz
T-0815
Try it this way.

DirectShowSource("C:\fakepath\Video\HS.450P.avi")

#deinterlace
#crop
#resize
#denoise

ConvertToYV12()

Or, if you encounter problems.

• Load HS.450P.avi in VirtualDub
• Select "Video" ➜ Full processing mode
• Select "Video" ➜ Compression ➜ choose a Lossless CODEC (Lagarith, huffyuv, ...)
• Select "Audio" ➜ Full processing mode
• Select "Audio" ➜ Compression ➜ choose PCM

Encode your file and try step 1 again. Good luck! ;)
F
omg..its work..thanks a lot dude... =)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.