[Rejected] Super Monaco GP

Last updated on 13 years ago
Tsunao
This longplay was rejected because it did not meet the following requirements:

=> Longplays of "older" consoles need to have their resolution doubled with no smoothing.
In this case, the submitted video was 640x480, and needed to be 640x448.
[img width=260]http://www.longplays.org/images/rejected_resolutiontoolow.png[/img]

You can refer to the attached screenshot for evidence.

Here are some pieces of advice to help fix the errors:

Double check our requirement FAQ.
Refer to our encoding FAQ for details on how to properly capture/encode longplays.
Feel free to join our IRC channel for specific help.

Hope to hear from you soon. ;-)

--

My input:
It was a good effort, buuuuuuuuuut...
I notice that there is a FRAPS counter is in the upper-left corner. Also, the video was dark. Frame rate was 23 FPS. Also, when I try to use DivX player or VLC, I get an error.

This is from VLC:
"VLC does not support the audio or video format "mp4a". Unfortunately there is no way for you to fix this."
I think it might be the audio. Are you using NeroAac on default settings?

To meet the resolution goal, use PointResize.

PointResize(width*2, height*2)

Might I suggest getting this emulator. It has AVi Recording (and can rerecord if you want to abuse save states. In short, start the game, choose to make a movie file, play the game as normal while abusing save states, and then play the movie and dump AVI)

As for recording codec: I personally use an older version of ffdshow (ffdshow beta 7 rev 3154 build 20091209). It is for H.264 lossless. FFV1 is good too, unless you have the space. Others use Techsmith TSCC. I'm not an expert (or knowledgable) at this stuff. Just use a lossless codec (is lossless even a word? o_O).

I suggest taking one more go at it. We don't want to lose a potential longplayer. D: (and another game to the ever increasing database of gaemz.)

If the higher ups think I am at fault, call me out.
ScHlAuChi
I agree with everything Tsunao said - it was a nice effort - but the final quality was really poor - feel free to visit us in IRC and we help you to to correct it :)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.