Suggestions of places who can host our movies

Last updated on 15 years ago
AdminBot
Now we only have 1 download mirror. That is a bit weak imo now when we get more and more people here.

So I need suggestions of places who can host our videos.

The best I have found so far is box.net. But you only get 15 GB of storage. Which isnt much.

I'm looking for a place with:

- at least 50GB of space
- unlimited bandwidth
- possibility to link directly to the files
- fast downloads (at least 200kb/s)
- hosting the videos forever

It doesn't need to be free. But it must be cheap :)

The mirror we have now have all that above and works good. And for that I pay around €20/month.

Rapidshare, Megaupload etc.. isnt an alternative!

Schlauchi have promised to contact www.archive.org. Let's wait and see if they can help us. I know C64 Longplays are using it.
Xcore
You're from Sweden right?

Diino kanske
http://www.diino.com/c/default-sv

(har själv gratiskontot)

100 GB 490 Kr per år.

Det går att både länka direkt och hotlänka från Diino. Enda gången man behöver deras programvara är när man laddar upp.
puttputt131

hipoonios wrote:
Rapidshare, Megaupload etc.. isnt an alternative!

Duh. (Damn advertisements)

I'll see if I can help!
AdminBot

You're from Sweden right? Diino kanske http://www.diino.com/c/default-sv (har själv gratiskontot) 100 GB 490 Kr per år. Det går att både länka direkt och hotlänka från Diino. Enda gången man behöver deras programvara är när man laddar upp.

Tack för tipset. Jag skapade ett gratis konto på Diino mest för att testa. Det verkade bra i övrigt. Men det var en sak jag ogillade. Begränsningen av bandbredd. Desutom så testade jag att ladda upp ett litet video-klipp. Avbryter användaren filöverföringen så förlorar man bandbredden för hela filen.

Anyway, i have signed up on www.servage.net for a 3 month test period just for test. It looks promising

750 GB webbspace
7500 GB Monthly Data Transfer

I have registered www.longplays-download.net.
RickyC
Does it still have a 2gb upload limit?
AdminBot
OK OK OK.. SERVAGE SUCKS BIGTIME..

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded!

I read this on another forum:

Downloads that are not finished still show up as having used the bandwidth. So, if a visitor starts downloading a 1GB file, and stops the download at the 10MB mark, this would still show up as 1GB usage. Downloads can get interrupted for various reasons though. Using download accelerators will effectively start multiple downloads of the same file. All these are factors that could severely skew the data transfer measurement in the customer's disadvantage.

[img width=468]http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4960/servagesucks.png[/img]

Its impossible that we could have used so much bandwidth. So I say please dont use download accelators + dont abort downloads If you downloading from that mirror (longplays-download.net).

Arrrr......now I need to find another host again.. suggestions anyone??
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.