Nintendo DS Longplay emulation?

Last updated on 12 years ago
M
Hi fellas.

I watched 2 longplays by member "Tsunao". Both are NDS longplays of Castlevania games.

As far as I can tell, these games are played on a emulator and they run really fine.

What is the emulator of choice to use for this purpose? I've never tried a DS emulator that ran this good.
Tsunao
DeSmuME (0.9.6.) It is the best DS emulator out there.
But, there's one problem: you need a sorta powerful computer to run some games at full speed.
M
Tnx for the quick reply. Great runs btw.

Is it just v0.9.6 that is good? I saw on the homepage that v0.9.7 is the latest.

What would you consider a fast computer? I have a "gaming" laptop with a Core i5 @ 2.8 Ghz, 4 GB ram and a GTX460M graphics card. Is that fast enough? Will I need to dump my DS-bios for best results?

Sorry for all the questions, but you seem to have it down quite good. :-)
Tsunao
Yeah. 0.9.7. I derp'd. =P
Yeah, it should be enough, what with powerful Core (I guess) and 4GB of RAM. I'm not a huge tech junkie. =/
No, you don't have to dump a DS Bios.

Great runs btw.

I feel wuv'd! =3
Ravenswood
I've never tried using DeSmuME, but unless you don't have a powerful computer, try to not use it yet.
I eat video games, I sleep video games, I play video games...until I had to work 8 hours.
I
Try DeSmuME new versions http://www.longplays.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2676&forum=19
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.