Rocksteady authorizes lps of Batman Arkham City

Last updated on 12 years ago
smegbug2
Hey, I'm a longtime fan and occasional poster on this site, and thought that I would post some important info just in case nobody else saw this. Rocksteady has officially authorized anyone to post video walkthroughs of Batman Arkham City on Youtube as long as they say that they don't own the game and Rocksteady does.

So, anyone who wanted to make a longplay of Arkham City, but was hesitant to do so over legalities due to the game being pretty much brand new, you can stop worrying.

Here's the link to prove it. http://community.batmanarkhamcity.com/forums/showthread.php/13347-Are-we-allowed-to-record-playthroughs-and-upload-them-to-YouTube

Just thought I would make this known, thank you all for your time.
C
Geekmeister already said he's planning to do Arkham City in his thread.
smegbug2
That's great, but the importance of this news is Geekmeister doesn't have to wait for months or years after he finishes to post it onto youtube to avoid getting legalities thrown at him. If Geekmeister wanted to he could have it posted onto youtube the same day it appeared on this site, with their full blessing. Example of that not happening is the FFXIII longplay, 2-3 years after the game was released was it finally ok to put it on youtube.
Me: "Just had an epiphany, being in a chatroom with gamers is like an "It's Pat" sketch, only longer and with a lot more people."
Yes, I really need to get my act together and start working on Batman Arkham City. (I have had a bit of a lazy period after completing Lego Harry Potter & Lego Pirates) Also I'm a bit nervous about a BAC Longplay... Arkham Asylum is probably my best longplay to date, and I feel like I need to deliver the same with the sequel.
C
The big question is whether or not you plan on doing all 200+ Riddler trophies/riddles/challenges
Yes. I would not feel ok about doing a longplay of this game without showing off all of those. WHich is one reason I need to practice before recording it, (that way I will know how to solve them and wont be spending unnecessary time in doing so :-)) A longplay IS about showing off as much of the game as possible after all (Also the Catwoman/Nightwing segments)
C
Oof you poor son of a b- I mean man I can't wait. :)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.