Thinking of doing a Xenogears longplay

Last updated on 12 years ago
B
Hi
I've been wanting to play through Xenogears again lately so I thought I should record it for everyone here. I was just curious if anyone else was working on this same thing at the moment?
Ive never recorded a longplay but Ive watched plenty on here and feel I should contribute somehow.
Karuto
I have actually been waiting for AverMedia for a little over a month to send me a press copy of their latest capture card, but they have yet to do so. I was going to use it to record Xenogears, but since you're already well into recording it, I'm not upset over it. ;)

And sorry for the month-old bump, but I figured I'd do a search for the game on here to see if it was discussed, and sho nuff. lol
"Live by one's own strength, stand on one's own feet."
B
Nevermind I found the forum page showing how.
B
I got epsxe and xenogears hooked up now. Iam using fraps to capture but I noticed the files are like 1gb for every 1-2 minutes. Can I lower this or do I need to re-encode the files? If so which program would be good to use?
B
I got my laptop working again. After I reinstall the os's on it Ill get xenogears all hooked up and put up a test video.
B
hmmm, it was with an earlier version of epsxe, i think version 1.60, but i still have the orginal game, so i play it on my ps2. But if it's fixed, i might play it on epsxe next time, as it looked much better, just never got past that point.

B
Ive played through it atleast 3 times over the years on epsxe and never had that lock up problem you mention. It may have been something on your end. Like a corrupt file or something.
B
did ePSXe ever fix the issue where the game freezes shortly after rico gives you your initiation (right when you get to D-block, forget name of city)

If not, that might be one issue to consider when you plan to record it.

btw, i would deffinately watch it. I play through this game once a year, and still love it. I know disk 2 isn't great, but even with that issue, i love this game so much overall.
Tsunao
PSXJin HATES Xenogears. Lots of screen flickering, especially when rotating camera. Second best option is using ePSXe.
Connor
It's actually preferred to use emulators, since you get better quality than a capture. Just make sure you have the correct settings so it outputs in "original" resolution and quality.

Also, look into PSXjin as well, it has re-recording so you can back and retry sections without save/reload in the game.
B
Ok. I was going to play it on epsxe as I dont play consoles let alone even own a tv anymore. Is that fine? I need to handle some business this week and my video card just burned out on my laptop so I need to order a replacement. So Ill get a video recorded soon.
Tsunao
Slander and lies!!
<_<
>_>
Well, Karuto said he was going to do it, so I stepped down.
Then kireev20000 said something about doing it when I said I thought about doing [d]Xenosaga[/d] Jesussaga. He also mentioned it a few days ago in the IRC.
I COULD do Xenogears, but then I would have to record it by RemoteJoyLite and PSP. I'm just too lazy to record on PSP.
So...if you feel like doing it, go for it.

Edit: the second picture...
Vaguely remember that happening. I can't remember who got hit since it was dark. :3
kireev20000
B
" data-content="Send Message">@boomcube : you can do it, besides I always can record Russian version as an alternative). but before you start doing LP, make a test video and upload it to FTP. so we can check quality.