What Saturn imports would you suggest for me?

Last updated on 12 years ago
R
I have a US Saturn and an Action Replay 4M Plus.

But I don't know what Japanese Saturn games I can play that don't involve story.

For example, I've heard that Street Fighter Zero 3, Soukyugurentai, and X-Men vs. Street Fighter were some good games and that there were ports of the Capcom Dungeons and Dragons games on Saturn, but they might all be in Japanese. That's the problem: Language barrier.

Anyway, as long as it's not an RPG or Strategy game or game that involves copious amounts of dialogue or story, can you suggest any import Saturn games that I should play?

NOTE: I can't really afford Radiant Silvergun or Prikura Daisakusen at the moment or at all, so no dice on those.
V
Dead or Alive, Assault Rigs and S?ky?gurentai i can do
If you want to prove yourself...First you must complete the task you're given. - Auron (Final Fantasy X)
Ravenswood
Assault Rigs (JPN, 1997)
Astra Super Stars (JPN, 1998)
Battle Garegga (JPN, 1998)
Dead or Alive (JPN, 1997)
Deep Fear (EUR/JPN, 1998)
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (JPN, 1997)
Segata Sanshir? Shinken Y?gi (JPN, 1998)
S?ky?gurentai (JPN, 1997)
I eat video games, I sleep video games, I play video games...until I had to work 8 hours.
G
Tengai Makyou: Daishi no Mokushiroku - The Apocalypse IV [ one of the best games of the 32 but era ]
Senken Kikyouden[ one of if not the best Rpg of the 90's on a cd system and one of the best ever ]
Shiroki Majo: Mouhitotsu no Eiyuu Densetsu
G
Tengai Makyou: Daishi no Mokushiroku - The Apocalypse IV [ one of the best games of the 32 but era ]
Senken Kikyouden[ one of if not the best Rpg of the 90's on a cd system and one of the best ever ]
Shiroki Majo: Mouhitotsu no Eiyuu Densetsu
V
but great added feature
AMReese
The Saturn version of Symphony of the Night is glitched out and a horrible port of the PlayStation version. Many, many problems.

On that note, though, I'd recommend Samurai Showdown RPG, Policenauts, Dungeons & Dragons Collection (my favorite), X-Men vs. Street Fighter (PS1 version lacked tag teams), and, of course, Metal Slug.
Stealthborn
Radiant Silvergun is a great choice (though a bit pricey sand it was released not too long ago on XBLA though I still think it is better on the Saturn). Other games of note are Psychic Assassin Taromaru (but its even more expensive then RS) and Shining Force III (all 3 scenarios I might add).
R
NiGHTS has been released here though. And it is on Saturn.
K
Hm...Don't really know many Saturn games, maybe NiGHTS into Dreams?

Or was that for Dreamcast?
ScHlAuChi
Ok in that case Princess Crown might not be for you, as there is alot of story. SOTN has almost none.

V
same here they can be played with translations from the website for example Lunar Magic School. i can do that one.
R
Are you sure? Because if so, how would I know the story of Princess Crown? The translation guide from GameFaqs might be a zillion pages long. And printer ink is expensive.

And to me, knowing the story is somewhat important in a video game, next to gameplay.
ScHlAuChi
I have both those games, they can be played without knowing jap ;)
R
Here's the thing:

The Saturn version of Symphony of the Night relies on story and voice acting. As probably does Princess Crown. And since I cannot speak or read Japanese, those are probably out of the question.
ScHlAuChi
Akumajō Dracula X: Gekka no Yasōkyoku (aka CV:SOTN)
Saturn version has an extra area and a playable Maria :)

Princess Crown
Sidescrolling beat em up by VanillaWare (Odin Sphere, Muramasa)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.