About the deletion of videos on Cubex55

Last updated on 12 years ago
AdminBot
Me and Ironclaw have NOTHING to do with this, so don't accuse us of anything. I woke up this morning to see 2+ weeks of videos are gone, not just non-Amiga ones.

Tsunao, where have you EVER read we were gonna make Cubex55 an Amiga longplay channel only? We have never said that. What I did say yesterday was that if it WAS possible to MOVE videos from one account to another, we would move all Amiga videos to a new one.

This is what happens when too many people have access to the same account. I'm not quite sure how many, Schlauchi is the one who probably distibutes the access to people, and maybe some of those he gave access to have done the same, so who knows how many that might have access now. And I'm sure more than one of them have viruses, spyware and #OOPS# on their computers, and they probably store their password in the browser or on a note or in a document for others to see if they ever went there. And some of those with access probably share their computer with others.

This is unacceptable!

We changed the password and will redistribute access to those who REALLY needs it, like uploaders. Instead of the 10-20+ we have now, around 4 is enough - 2 from RAG and 2 from WoL.
AMReese
To be fair, Tsunao said it was a theory of hers, not something she thought was factual.
AdminBot
He/she said it was a theory, but not anymore, now it has happened.
johtto
Do you know the time-frame in which the videos were deleted?
Metal Gear! uhhggg
AdminBot
All movies from February 26, 2012 1:59 PM up to now was removed (20 days or something)... about 60-80 movies. Will take a while to re-upload them all.
predcon1
I'd wondered why uncharacteristically modern games were being uploaded. I knew that multiple users used the same account, but I didn't know that the screening process for access was so flimsy.
AdminBot

I didn't know that the screening process for access was so flimsy.

Me neither. Me and Ironclaw gave our trust in a couple of people, who clearly must have gone haywire with the sharing of the account to others.
T
Hopefully this won't happen again in the future and that's what I and a lot of people are hoping.
AdminBot
Well, it's probably that someone was careless and clicked the wrong button when he/she decided to upload his/her movie and instead of selecting THAT movie, he selected the entire page of maybe 100 movies or something and clicked delete (arrow showing what button I mean:

[img width=300]http://recordedamigagames.ath.cx:8080/ftpups/Hello.jpg[/img]

But still, the fewer people with access, the lesser the chance is that something like this would happen again.
T-0815
hipoonios have you tried to ask youtube to restore the files?
AdminBot
I had a quick look but couldn't find any contact information other than reporting a bug, which this isn't and who knows when they care to look into that "bug" message.

So, I just let it be. It doesn't bother me and Ironclaw much as we only upload Amiga longplays which will be only 5 that needs to be re-upped :). Someone else will have to contact them about it instead. Whenever Schlauchi comes online he will be given the password as it's better he decides who to give access to, he knows the recorders better than me and Ironclaw anyway. So maybe he could talk to the YT team.
AdminBot
Ok, did some research, YT does not recover any deleted videos:

YouTube does not provide backups of your content, delete means delete.

They get that question a lot as people seem to want back their deleted videos, but it's a no-no.
Ravenlord
Well re upload slowly, piece by piece, nobody is rushing anywhere ;)
Sic Parvis Magna
Z
Oh ... I was scared that the time I spent on WCIII TFT was a waste :|
AdminBot

Oh ... I was scared that the time I spent on WCIII TFT was a waste :|

You do know that all longplays are hosted on this site, right? :) (not counting the Amiga ones which are hosted on another site)... so your longplay(s) will never be gone even if YT blew up.
ScHlAuChi
Every video is hosted on archive.org - so unless they delete it, its safe for all eternity :)
AdminBot
Yup... correction on my part - I didn't literally mean this site host them all, but they are hosted somewhere else so if something happens to YT, np.
D
I remember watching the Ghostbusters longplay over at archive.org when it wasn't available on youtube. Gotta love that site.

Too bad about the youtube thing. Hope everything returns to normal soon and this doesn't happen again.
PouetxCore
JohnX895 we can see on "deleted videos" for copyright infringement ?? Ok for his videos, but yours ? I don't thinks youtube account can be re-opened, and id it's possiblewill we retrieve our videos ?

So most of popular videos are deleted, and can't be retrieve. What will happened ?
lostyouth
WTF?!?!?!

Copyright infringement? For what?!?!?!

There can't be any of that because each one of logplayers walkthrough is its own work, its own way of playing the game and now we have complaint about copyright infringement? Why? From who? Multiple third parties? Which one?

There is something fishy going on there I tell you...

You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.