System Shock 1 and 2

Last updated on 12 years ago
norsebard
Does anyone at World of Longplay have the skillz to beat these games? After smashing my head against the wall for a week, I've realized I just can not beat this game. Not without cheating.

So, after asking around, no one I know has ever even heard of someone beating that game SS2 without cheating. Can it be done? Is this game too hard to be longplayed?

System Shock 2 is absolutely the first game on the list of Longplays I would like to see made. Just won't be made by me :\ This game is going to take a FPS champion.

Anyone have what it takes to beat this amazing game?
V
I've never even heard of someone getting System Shock on a modern PC. I don't think it is even possable. That's why it's considered the one of the rarest PC games ever made. Don't expect to see it any time soon. Making a Longplay would be impossable.

"Want some Candy?"
norsebard
Getting the game to run wasn't the problem. It being too hard was the problem.
Google 'System Shock Portable'
not sure if it's got less content then the regular version, but it works on Windows 7x64.

"I don't except candy from people in white vans"
V
I'd have to see it to believe it, bro. As far as I know, it is impossible to play System Shock 2 on a Xp-Vista-7 system, and it was never released for a console. That's why it's so stupid rare. I don't think playing this game is possable on a modern computer.

That pic looks alot like Half-Life.
A FPS Champion you say!? :D

Link To Teh Video!
norsebard
You know who has shown some serious skill at FPS on World of Longplay, JonL. The Half-life Longplays he did were great. I bet JonL has the skills to beat System Shock 2.
?"Work is for people who can't play games!" - Billy Mitchell
P
I've beaten the game using coop modifications and a mate of course :D

But hey, I can proudly confirm that SS2 runs on a quad core win7 system.

*edit: There's a tool for multicore support and stuff, that makes SS2 run perfectly on every machine on t3h worldz, bru.
Ravenswood
What I do when playing video games on a console or computer, I always set the difficulty setting to the easiest difficulty.

Did you set the difficulty to the easiest difficulty?
I eat video games, I sleep video games, I play video games...until I had to work 8 hours.
e-xile
i can do both 1 and 2 for you, i grew up with these games and still have them working, might take me about a month to get around to it or so
norsebard
Fantastic. E-xile, I owe you one! I think many people would watch a LP of SS2. It was inspirational for the makers of many later games(Deus Ex, Halflife, Bioshock)
I was worried i would have to do these games. The FPS guys aren't into the RPG aspects, and the RPG guys arn't into First Person Shooters.
?"Work is for people who can't play games!" - Billy Mitchell
T
This is great everyone. But I really found it difficult for me to beat the game without cheating.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.