Dust: A Tale of the Wired West

Last updated on 11 years ago
halaluya
If I start by saying I know that every new users first post is in this category, but I love the community that exists here all ready and i've been coming to this site for two weeks now. I found it by searching for my all time favorite game, Maniac Mansion, on youtube, and among all the scattered part 1 of 14 by many different users (it seems to be loved by not only me). Then i found Geekmeister's video and YAY! i said and the whole video i watched. Then i watched him play Day of the Tentacle and saw all the other games I loved playing back when.
So I sign up today to participate in this gathering and ask that someone play the PC game Dust: A Tale of the Wired West from Cyberflix. Its a point and click tale of a stranger in a western town, 1882. Everyone on youtube has again failed miserably in capturing technique and talk though the video and its just not right. People here also have skill when they play these games, and know how to capture the whole dialogue between characters in each scene, not just fast-playing through. So people when i say this game is worth capturing, I think this place can understand what I love about it.
Carnage
As far as I know, this game is impossible to record, unless you're using a video camera. I primarily do commentary, but I'd love to do an in depth run of this game, with all the dialogue explored, and no commentary. The only version I've seen online is a crappy video camera job, with an annoying Australian constantly ruining it.

I've tried various types of recording software, Fraps, MSI Afterburn, Camtasia, Camstudio, Playclaw, Bandicam, Gamecam, Hypercam, etc, but to no avail. I've also tried the 'run file as Windows 95, etc' malarkey, again, with no results.

I've tried them on XP and Vista. I was thinking about getting a computer with an older OS (the game was designed for 95, 3.1 & NT 3.51), but I'm not sure if the recording software mentioned are even compatible with those OS's.

If anyone knows any kind of fix, please let me know, and I'll be more than happy to do a longplay.
Eino
Option 1: Use a virtual machine such as VMWare and install desired OS.

Option 2: Install Win 3.1 in Dosbox.

http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?t=9405
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.