Issue downloading longplays 2gb or larger

Last updated on 11 years ago
ChronoSonic
Well I've been having this problem for a while now, but the most recent issue I've run into is trying to download the Super Smash Bros. Melee longplay. It seems I cannot download any longplays 2gb or larger. Another example is a couple of weeks back I was able to download Conker Live and Reloaded XBox 360 longplay parts 1, 3, and 4 but not parts 2 and 5 since they're larger than 2gb.

I am running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1. I have tried downloading the larger files with the following:

Mozilla Firefox 16.0.2
JDownloader (says the file is offline)
Internet Explorer 9
Internet Explorer 9 (64-bit)

With the last option I took a screenshot of the error I'm receiving and have attached it to this post.

My C and D drives that I'm trying to download it to are both formatted in NTFS.

If anyone has any information to help me figure this out or how to fix this or if there's some kind of download manager out there that would let me download the longplays in parts that are less than 2gb (if such a thing even exists), please let me know.
P
Your not on a college network are you? To me it seems almost like your local network (lan router isp) or something is blocking files bigger than 2gb.
Dont spose you can try them on a differant internet connection. If its a laptop your using take it to a place that offers free wifi or something.
Phlebiac
Perhaps HD not functioning, or your provider or your ram...

It can be all sort of things. And make sure when you download, download it at once, not with breaks.
ScHlAuChi
I just downloaded those longplays myself - i have W7/NTFS too, it works here - so no clue why it doesnt for you :<
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.