Another problem with cubex video (Famicom Contra)

Last updated on 11 years ago
I
Hi.

I have another problem with one of cubex55's videos. This one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XyAuFJc71s

The game shown in that video is a fan translated ROM hack of the Japanese version of Contra. There has never been a Gryzor for NES/Famicom. Contra in Japan (for all systems) has always been known as Contra, NOT Gryzor. The title Gryzor in that video is by a translator called Jedi Questmaster (find him on famicomworld forums).

I tried telling this to the cubex55 uploader, but whoever is responsible for that account keeps claiming that it isn't a ROM hack and is trying to insist to me that it's the PAL version of Contra. He's never heard of Probotector, which amazes me beyond belief, and HE is telling ME to do my research. I've never seen this kind of arrogance from cubex55 user in such a long time. This, along with the NES Double Dragon III issue, are examples of what I dislike about this user.

How the hell do they not know about Probotector? Probotector is the PAL version of NES Contra. Cubex55 is asking me to look at wikipedia for information that proves him wrong. Seriously? This is really irritating. I'd like to think that this person is not actually very stupid, merely trolling, but even that is not mature of him.

If any of you don't believe it, you can google it yourself. Contra was never officially titled Gryzor on the NES.
Tsunao
Most likely ScHlAuChi.

Lemme guess about the Double Dragon III thing: cheats?
I know no way in HELL you can take down a baddy with the 2-kick combo.
We already got onto the author about that (along with Jurassic Park: Chaos...whatever).

I told him in the IRC. :3 It will be relabeled...when we figure out HOW to go about approaching it, what with our "no ROM hack" rule. I'm going to keep on insisting it is a fanslation. =P
I
Thank you, Tsunao. I am glad that this was settled with no extra trouble. I am aware that cubex55 account is/was run by more than one person; that is something I should have touched upon in my original post and I apologize for that. I also apologize for therefore, not pointing out that I don't hold against cubex55 completely, just the members who are detracting from the account's credibility and genuine efforts.

I also apologize if my original post seemed very hostile; just frustrated is all ;)

About Double Dragon III: yeah, cheats was the issue with that one.
ScHlAuChi
Well to be fair, its not always easy to know whos right or wrong - especially when there is conflicting information. This has nothing to do with arrogance.

But you have to keep one thing in mind, we have certain trust in our longplayers, and we defend them - which sometimes turns out to be wrong. In the case of Gryzor the info on wikipedia turned out to be not accurate enough, and the original longplayer submitted it under the wrong name.

To give you another example - we were told by RavenLord that the videos are legit - so we did trust his word and defended himon YouTube. When we found out that this wasnt the truth, we decided that those vids will be replaced (which hasnt happend yet)

As for Probotector, of course i know it, but i only had played it on SNES, i wasnt aware that the NES version was released under that name too.
Ravenlord
Yep, you're digging the old stuff iniche, because those two games were recorded on hacked ROMS which I didn't know in the time this was recorded, and will be replaced as soon as I can record it again, as soon as I can get 18Delta to do it, so there is no point in ranting, we all know those were hacked roms, and videos will be replaced, that was decided long time ago

so if you don't like those videos, simply don't watch them until they are replaced ;)
Sic Parvis Magna
Scott-76
Gryzor was used for 8bit computers (Spectrum,Amstrad,MSX) in Europe
Probotector was the name used for the nes
Sorry for my poor English
I
The arrogance part doesn't come from the fact that you used old information. It's about telling me to google it myself without you looking it up yourself, still believing the info to be correct. But I'll put that behind now.
ScHlAuChi
Like i said i did check the info via Wikipedia (yes i know its not always accurate) so you cant say i didnt check it myself ;)
I
I agree with you, not denying that. But I'm saying you should have checked there recently, when I indicated that the video title was incorrect.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.