White Knight Chronicles I + II (PS3)

Last updated on 11 years ago
WhoKnows
I signed up specifically to request this particular title; primarily because all of the walkthroughs/let's plays related to this game on YouTube are incomplete so I'd like to see someone tackle both games start to finish.

It's not life or death if anyone doesn't want to play this; I rather you longplay games you enjoy because WKC isn't really popular. Thanks and If it means anything I appreciate your service.
Connor
WKC1 is uploaded and awaiting moderation. Looking at the schedule, it probably won't be on YT until September, but should be available for download in a couple of days or weeks (dunno how active the mods are during the summer).
Connor
Started looking at this now, but I'm not really sure how to handle it, so I thought I'd see if someone else has any preferences.

I've been trying to find the exact differences between the two versions of WKC1, but it's rather vague. From what I can tell, the story (quests, cutscenes, etc) is exactly the same, the difference is basically in the battle system.

The question then becomes, would it be better to use the original, so that the both systems can be shown? If I do the remastered version it will basically be playing one twice as long game, instead of two different ones. (There are even hints that if you play the remastered WKC1 it will flow straight into WKC2 when you're done, not even requiring an import.)

There are some nice things in the remastered version, though, like harvesting points only need to be triggered once, instead of five times, and the combat is slightly quicker since the "action bar" refills faster. Being a mage became a bit gimped, though, since staggering was changed from total damage to requiring certain types of attacks and the AI doesn't seem to use the correct ones. :( It's no longer easy to make yourself OP in the early game by getting stat upgrades ASAP instead of abilities, they are now "mixed into" the skill tree.

I'm leaning towards the remastered, but for "archival" purposes perhaps it would be better to do the original. Choices, choices.
WhoKnows

Connor wrote:

WhoKnows wrote:
Yeah I'm" talking primarily about the story but if you do an in-game sidequest or two I won't complain. I know the game is a heavy grind and as far as I know they're shutting down online servers on WKC1 so I'm" not requesting nor do I really care to see any online stuff (I already have videos on that).

Yeah, I noticed they were shutting down the servers, this month I think. I would definitly do some of the optional missions, just not that high up in guild rank since those missions are insanely grindy and extremely hard solo.

WhoKnows wrote:
If you decide to do it, it's your Longplay so it's your rules.

Certainly, but when fulfilling a request, I think it makes sense to do as much as possible as the requestee wants, as long as it doesn't conflict with any personal goals/purposes.

And on that note, I have both the original WKC1 and the remastered version on the WKC2 disc, which one would be preferred? I haven't really looked into the differences, so I actually don't even know if it matters that much.

Yeah don't worry about the higher up stuff, just do whatever you feel comfortable with because like I said I'm" primarily interested with the main campaign.

As far as the preferable version, probably the remastered one since from what I understand they added a bunch of content and changes to gameplay.

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49899...2-changes/
Connor

WhoKnows wrote:
Yeah I'm" talking primarily about the story but if you do an in-game sidequest or two I won't complain. I know the game is a heavy grind and as far as I know they're shutting down online servers on WKC1 so I'm" not requesting nor do I really care to see any online stuff (I already have videos on that).

Yeah, I noticed they were shutting down the servers, this month I think. I would definitly do some of the optional missions, just not that high up in guild rank since those missions are insanely grindy and extremely hard solo.

WhoKnows wrote:

Certainly, but when fulfilling a request, I think it makes sense to do as much as possible as the requestee wants, as long as it doesn't conflict with any personal goals/purposes.

And on that note, I have both the original WKC1 and the remastered version on the WKC2 disc, which one would be preferred? I haven't really looked into the differences, so I actually don't even know if it matters that much.
WhoKnows

Connor wrote:

How do you mean "incomplete"? They end before the game is complete, or they lack the optional missions?

I could do this, but only the main game, doing 100% requires insane amounts of grinding, most of it online (and I doubt enough people play it these days to get help with the harder missions).

I did like these, so I wouldn't mind doing them (after all, I seem to be doing mostly RPGs anyway), but if you expect to see every single mission completed you're going to be disappointed I'm afraid.

Connor
How do you mean "incomplete"? They end before the game is complete, or they lack the optional missions?

I could do this, but only the main game, doing 100% requires insane amounts of grinding, most of it online (and I doubt enough people play it these days to get help with the harder missions).

I did like these, so I wouldn't mind doing them (after all, I seem to be doing mostly RPGs anyway), but if you expect to see every single mission completed you're going to be disappointed I'm afraid.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.