Stop SOPA! ...Yeah again...

Last updated on 11 years ago
TwilightKitsune
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-sopa-2013/LMzMVrQF

If SOPA passes, sites like SDA, Speedruns Live and Twitch TV, even this website and the Let's Play Archive could all get shut down by it. Please, pass this petition around to your friends, family, share it on facebook! We only have 3 weeks to stop it and we need another 97000 signatures!
G
the 100k goal has reached
TwilightKitsune

Jihao wrote:

TwilightKitsune wrote:

The petition is currently over 83,000 signatures.

Then the victory has already been decided.

It would seem so. I hope it keeps going passed 100k signatures. That would send a clear message to these goons who think they have to control everything.

By the way, 90,815 signatures as of right now.
Jihao

TwilightKitsune wrote:

Then the victory has already been decided.
Anything that isnt COD is a game that may be worth playing.
TwilightKitsune
Jihao

Ravenswood wrote:

Our target for signatures is 100,000 by September 21.

Besides that, what I want to share to you is that people are stupid sometimes. I thought Youtube would be like Myspace or Facebook, where you post non-copyrighted material made by either you, your friends, or your family members.

But NO, they decide to stream copyrighted material. As companies reacted, they dialed up the politicians, and SOPA was reborn. It's like a thorn on our side that can cause a grave injury to our freedom.

It was originally targeted as an Anti-Piracy device, but now since a new form of control has taken shape (Metal Gear Solid 2) I'm pretty sure anything that isnt owned via a license (even if distribution of a form of media for educational or other purposes is legal) is considered material that has been violated of its rights.

This will gravely affect the entire totem pole of the internet.
Ravenswood
Our target for signatures is 100,000 by September 21.

Besides that, what I want to share to you is that people are stupid sometimes. I thought Youtube would be like Myspace or Facebook, where you post non-copyrighted material made by either you, your friends, or your family members.

But NO, they decide to stream copyrighted material. As companies reacted, they dialed up the politicians, and SOPA was reborn. It's like a thorn on our side that can cause a grave injury to our freedom.
I eat video games, I sleep video games, I play video games...until I had to work 8 hours.
TwilightKitsune
In all fairness, the Bill is about stopping people from streaming movies or whatever. However, one slight modification, and it becomes all of our problem as well. I've been sharing this petition everywhere I can think of, whether it's SDA, Speedruns Live, here or Facebook.

Hopefully once this is crushed, it'll stay dead for good. So far the petition is going strong at over 20000 signatures.
Jihao

Ravenswood wrote:

Let it pass, let our Internet die. I don't care anymore about the Internet.

Wow, that was pretty harsh...

Why do they keep trying to pass these ridiculous laws anyway? I mean its free publicity and criticism for merchandise, both old and new...
Ravenswood
Let it pass, let our Internet die. I don't care anymore about the Internet.
I eat video games, I sleep video games, I play video games...until I had to work 8 hours.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.