Major disaster

Last updated on 11 years ago
Geekmeister
So I had me a bit of a Major disaster yesterday, my old computer died, and took with it 25 longplays... Yep that is correct, I lost 25 of the longplays I had finished recording, and encoding, and they were pretty much just waiting for me to finish up 5 more for a flood.... Now they are gone, and I will have to redo them all. So my flood will be postponed by about 5-6 weeks (I have limited HDD Space and cannot keep the raw videos for very long, I have to encode the videos and check them. and then delete the raw ones...)

Oh well, nothing I can do about it, but it sure is annoying!
Geek Power!
M
What do you mean "died"? Maybe your OS is broken, but not the HDD. Can't you go to a repair shop or something to check it? It's really sad when something like this happens :(
Geekmeister
No, i mean that I had to format and shit... So everything is gone (a little frustrated so probably not perfectly clear...) I kind of wanted to throw up when I realized they would be gone... I had only used that computer for encoding, since I got a new one... So in the spirit of hindsight, I should have remembered to move the finished videos to the external HDD like I had thought about the day before...:o
Geek Power!
M
Well, i had to reinstall my OS a few weeks ago since it didnt boot (i used it for 3 years so it had to break eventually :P ). But i had 3 disk partitions (C,D,E), so i only format the C drive to install windows and my recordings were in E, so fortunately nothing was lost. You should make disk partitions to avoid this kind of problem.
Geekmeister
Yeah, I know, but the really sad thing as I said was that I was thinking that I should move the finished videos to my external HDD and then this happens and I'm just F@%& You!
Geek Power!
Frederikct112
What a huge bummer! I was looking forward to Time Mysteries as well!!! :(
Awaken my child, and embrace the glory that is your birthright. Know that I am the Overmind; the eternal will of the Swarm, and that you have been created to serve me. ~The Overmind, StarCraft
Geekmeister
Yeah, I will still do them, but they will be up a little later than I had originally anticipated. I'll probably start on redoing them next week, starting with Haunted Legends 1-4, then Redemption Cemetary 1-4, and then Time mysteries 1-3 and all the others, I'll probably be able to record one or maybe even 2 games per day. (I hope)
Geek Power!
J
Sorry to hear that Geek.
NPI
Even with a formatted hard drive you should still be able to recover them. this requires professional help. Ask to recover avi or mkv files ONLY, and the whole process would be lot faster.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.