Grandia II on nullDC emulator

Last updated on 9 years ago
I
I would like to do a longplay of Grandia II and have a few questions before I actually start.

* I read the FAQs about recording and publishing, but I have not found anywhere on the site where I can create my new submission and manage it (as they appear on the Submission Status page). Am I missing something here?
* I haven't found anything specific for dreamcast emulators on the forums and would like to know if nullDC is acceptable for this game. It can happen that some backgrounds glitch in fights and display gray surfaces instead of textures when viewed from specific angles. Also the shadows sometimes flicker. I have also noticed that sometimes after a fight, the background textures for the terrain seem to reflect a scene from the game, rather than the terrain texture. This stuff can happen from time to time, but it's something that can be cut out as it is usually part of the boring grind scenes. Considering these issues, can I still use the DC emulator version for this game?
* I also have the PS2 version available (also on emulator), but this version is vastly inferior to watch as some scenes that would actually be rendered in the game engine are FMVs in this version, which look like crap. I haven't observed the graphical glitches the DC emulator has on the PS2 emulator, but I have not finished the game on the PS2 emu yet.
* My recording software would be OBS, which creates really nice looking FLVs. I already tried out a bunch of configurations for my twitch stream and have found one that works very well and records in perfect quality on 640x480 with 60 FPS. Some FAQ said the videos must be MP4. I can encode this using ffmpeg from FLV to MP4, but is this still actually necessary?

Additional questions may follow, but I don't remember anything important at the moment anymore. Thanks in advance for the help!

Best regards,
ive
ScHlAuChi
Any emulator that doesnt have AVI-Out is not allowed - sorry :)
I
Is that so much of a problem, even if the quality is great otherwise with OBS having direct input feed from the emulator? I can upload a demonstration video if you like.
xRavenXP
NullDC don't have AVI output and have imprecise core... sorry
ULTIMA

ScHlAuChi wrote:

Any emulator that doesnt have AVI-Out is not allowed - sorry :)

How did RickyC do his shemnue longplays? I know for a fact that Shenmue 1 is on a emulator due to the better resolution and messed up hair textures on characters which is clearly seen by the woman in the intro.
ULTIMA

ive wrote:

Is that so much of a problem, even if the quality is great otherwise with OBS having direct input feed from the emulator? I can upload a demonstration video if you like.

Youre better off recording the Anniversary version on PC.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.