HolyMeatball's PC thread

Last updated on 9 years ago
HolyMeatball
I'm a smart coward, so I shall begin my local journey with some short, easy games, just to get the feel for how things work around here, and then slowly work my way towards the games I actually really want to record.

Completed longplays:

Dark Sector
Advent Rising
Dreamfall Chapters
Quake III Arena
Shadow Warrior (2013)
DmC: Devil May Cry
Gray Matter
Binary Domain
Life is Strange
Nioh
Vampyr
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan
Control
Mortal Kombat 11
Unreal Tournament
Code Vein
The Outer Worlds
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
Mafia: Definitive Edition
The Dark Pictures: Little Hope
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
Gears 5
Alpha Protocol

Currently recording:

And that's...it, for now. Feel free to make suggestions, you just might happen to remind me of a game I wanted to include but brainfarted it out of my mind. Cheers. B)
Your whole life has led up to you reading this.
AMReese
Looking forward to Advent Rising, Arx Fatalis, and Bloodlines.

I know you'll probably be playing a normal route, but I hope sometime someone does a longplay as a Malkavian. Those guys are... interesting, to say the least.
HolyMeatball
I'm actually planning on doing Malkavian. If I wanted to take a non-normal route, I'd choose Nosferatu. :D
HolyMeatball
Updated the list handsomely with games I randomly recalled across the last few days. Will start recording Advent Rising by the end of the month.

Also, my apologies if double posting is frowned upon, I didn't find any rules section. :C
HolyMeatball
So, I just encoded the first part of Advent Rising, and...it's 24GB for 2,5hr video. Is that too much?
Spazbo4
you must have super wrong settings in megui if it is that big
If I can't be the best then I certainly won't be the worst.
HolyMeatball

Spazbo4 wrote:

you must have super wrong settings in megui if it is that big

Wait, megui is mandatory? As in, the process described in the support section is mandatory? I assumed it's there because it's sweet and free, but I went ahead and used Vegas as that's what I'm used to. D:
Spazbo4
sony vegas is for editing and it can use the lagarith codec so it will be lossless, but all longplays go through megui
HolyMeatball
OIC. Welp, good to know for future reference. And I'm beyod pleased with having to start over. v
Alex Kidd
so glad to hear about the good news :)
- Alex Kidd
"Do i really have to graduate, or can i just stay here for the rest of my life?"
HolyMeatball
Ok, so it's been a damn good while since I absolutely disappeared after two measly longplays, but well, life happened. For what it's worth, I'm more than interested in coming back.

Disregarding my original lists, I've noticed nobody has submitted Dreamfall Chapters and Shadow Warrior (2013), so I intend to start working on those. Dreamfall Chapters Book 1: Reborn should be recorded and ready for submission by the end of the week.
resrer
Welcome back!

Btw, I was thinking of Splinter Cell as well. Just a heads up :P
HolyMeatball

resrer wrote:

Welcome back!

Btw, I was thinking of Splinter Cell as well. Just a heads up :P

Thanking you! And please, if it tickles your fancy then go right ahead, that list is suuuuuuuuper obsolete at this point. I should update it. I really should. B)
HolyMeatball
Since I'm doing Dreamfall Chapters and TLJ is on here BUT Dreamfall: TLJ isn't, and the final book of Chapters hasn't even been released as of right now, I figured I might as well do that. Wouldn't be bad to have the whole trilogy here.
resrer
Definitely. I enjoyed TLJ but couldn't get into Dreamfall: TLJ. Mainly cause of the fighting mechanics. :\
HolyMeatball
Yup, the combat system is dreadful. Thankfully there aren't that many battles.

Dreamfall Chapters, in turn, basically turns into a full-fledged interactive film halfway through book 3. And the interactive part just slowly fades away from there. Certainly hoping book 5 will be a tad more interesting.
HolyMeatball
Turns out Dreamfall:TLJ already IS here, the Xbox version! I'm actually glad, wasn't really feeling like recording more of it after the first two hours. :(

As such, I started recording The Division instead last night. The playthrough will pretty much ignore the dark zone, ie. the PVP portion of the game. I plan to pay it a single visit in one of the later parts to both show it off and to acquire some of the better gear. Beyond that, it'll be the story and side quests (probably not all of them, though).
Spazbo4
i was thinking about doing the division but havent gotten around to playing it since the day after it came out, just make sure its in 1080p60fps
HolyMeatball
Sure thing.

Also, since I haven't found it in anybody's list, adding PoP: Warrior Within, Two Thrones and PoP 2008.
HolyMeatball
Question, regarding the vocal commentary policy - There's this little known game I would be interested in doing called In Verbis Virtus. The gimmick in this game is that all spellcasting is done by actually saying the spells out loud into one's microphone. Would that be acceptable, provided I would not say anything else throughout the longplay?
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.