Longplays that don't have time skips

Last updated on 9 years ago
N
I was watching RickyC's longplay of The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time on YouTube and there was a huge time skip in Part 2 of the playthrough. He went from the Kokiri Forest straight to Zora's Domain and all of the conversations with the Zora King and other Zoras was missing. Several people asked about it in the comments section but there was no reply.

I've noticed several of RickyC's longplays such as Ocarina Of Time and Final Fantasy X mention having parts of the game cut out. Is this just a problem with RickyC's videos or do all the longplays on the site having missing footage? Are there any intact longplays?

It really annoys me when I see time skips in a longplay video. If the recording equipment failed, then the player should either load to a previous save or start the longplay from the beginning. If the player thinks it's boring for other people to watch him level up, he should include the footage anyway and let the viewers decide if they want to skip over it. A longplay with missing footage is not really a longplay.
Spazbo4
i did ocarina of time on the wii virtual console, you can watch that version if you want since there is nothing skipped
If I can't be the best then I certainly won't be the worst.
J
Ultimately, it is up to the player if he wants to do a time skip or not.
Some do it for clarity sake since sometimes you'll just see someone grinding FOREVER! and they see no point to showing that in the video.
ScHlAuChi
Those are old videos, we wouldnt allow that anymore now!
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.