Why only 2 videos per day?

Last updated on 9 years ago
E
On "Latest 999 videos" page
http://longplays.org/viewpage.php?page_id=17

Theres nearly 6 months (ok, lets think its 7 months).
So - 7*30 = 210 days. 1000 videos

Its 4-5 videos per day.

So its 2 times much more.
But on youtube shedule its 2 per day. Why not 3-4 at least?
E
Ah. Ok. I thought its much more)
Thanks for the answer)
ScHlAuChi

emergency2 wrote:

I know. Its just... how many... 8 years? 10?

Right now the amount of non-scheduled videos we have would last abit more than half a year - so its not that much!
Also we got alot of feedback on YT where people have said we shouldnt spam their inboxes with our releases.
So 2 per day is ok ;)
E
>All the videos can be downloaded from ArchiveOrg right away - just YT schedule will stick to 2 per day - so if you cant wait, just download them

I know. Its just... how many... 8 years? 10?
Its just became good ol habit for me - few longplays from YT each day) Its not like I watch all of them. Just... how can I say... sometimes its just nice to see them)
And I always think - "why not more? why not?"
M
I see a lot of Arcade, Megadrive, NES, SNES and PS1 games not on YT schedule, ok, I can download these videos on ArchiveOrg, but I have an old computer and I can't buy a newer one and I don't want to fill in my hard disk. I think you can upload on YT, 3 or 4 longplays for a period, when the longplays are less, you can return to upload 2 videos per day or else you can open another portal like dailymotion, vimeo etc... I know if you upload double longplays, you have double work but maybe you can have a lot of new subscribers! ;)
J
And why no rss on site? Let me guess - just lazyness, right?
ScHlAuChi
All the videos can be downloaded from ArchiveOrg right away - just YT schedule will stick to 2 per day - so if you cant wait, just download them :)
E
And really - do you really fear that it will be lesser longplayers in the future?
I mean - come on)
We all know that longplays.org only growing in popularity by the years)
E
I just think that now this buffer is so big - its enough for few years at minimum. Am I wrong?
ScHlAuChi

But on youtube shedule its 2 per day. Why not 3-4 at least?

You have to think longterm - some longplayers that do alot videos right now might not be able to do so in the future.
So if we release all our videos right now, what would we do next year when we cant reach 730 videos? Release only 1 per day?
Its better to be consistent with 2 per day and having a buffer :)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.