60 fps videos?

Last updated on 9 years ago
G
Hi,

I guess the title is pretty much self explanatory but I'll illustrate a bit anyways. So, I was just thinking that since there is the possibility of uploading 60 fps videos onto youtube, and as some channels with gameplay videos have already done that, I was wondering if WoLP should jump onto that band wagon aswell? I'd love to see 60 fps long plays of games that actually run at 60 fps, instead of the regular 30 fps standard which, I guess, is kinda the norm nowadays except maybe 24 fps for movies and TV shows etc. What do you guys think? Viewers could ofc change it back to 30 fps from the youtube playback quality settings if they prefer the somewhat more cinematic look transpiring from the lower fps. Cheers!
Pronto!
xRavenXP
My new SNES, GB, GBC, GBA and some consoles will be have a high def encode in 60fps only for Youtube but the priority is downloadable videos in archive.org like said JagOfTroy
J
That was due to limitations of the recording software at the time of the recording. We've been trying to replace some of the older videos but it isn't a priority.
I've also seen Youtube refuse to show some videos at 720p even though it was recorded in 720(namely my Hitman Absolution longplay)

I'd say WoL is less concerned about Youtube quality and its more about the quality when downloading from the archive. Hence why they always say, if you want better quality, go to the website.
G
What I meant is that if the game IS able to run at 60 fps or higher AND at 720p or higher, we should totally promote, maybe even enforce, using those stats for the long play video file as well. If you make a long play out of a game that runs on a console that is capped at 480p @ 30 fps then, of course, there is absolutely no point in using higher quality settings for the video. Well, I don't know for sure how it works with the resolution, but as far as it goes for fps, at least. I think that capping the video resolution at the same point the game runs at makes the image a little blurrier on youtube. When you watch a 240p video of an old DOS game versus a 720p one, you can clearly see that the 720p is more sharp, whereas the 240p one is blurrier but, also, in away "softer" to look at.
Pronto!
Spazbo4
ti has to be at least 720p for youtube to let it be 60 fps
If I can't be the best then I certainly won't be the worst.
Mariofan98
my last longplay (Mario Party Advance) was the .mkv file in 60fps but on YT in 30fps
Spazbo4
i'm saying for the 60 fps option to work on youtube videos it has to at least be 720p, but for longpalys themselves they still need to be in the original framerate that the game runs at
Brian04510
Well if 60fps has to be 720p or higher, why was my PC longplay of Sonic the Hedgehog CD rejected? It was 480p.
As if it wasn't bad enough already...
MadMatty
I wouldn't bother as I wont upload them. Too much to admin now without worrying about replacements with the exeption for games that really were badly broken in previous emu versions.
xRavenXP
I'm currently encode again some of my old videos with best quality, fixed core and improvements, will be re-released soon
Spazbo4
there are already 60 fps videos as long as the game is 720p or higher and the game is running 60 fps, or if the longplayer encoded the video in 60 fps anyway
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.