Fallout Series

Last updated on 9 years ago
J
Currently encoding Fallout 1 for upload.

Stay tuned for Fallout 2 and Tactics.
O
Thank you so much! I wish it had controller support so I can play it in the living room.
G

JagOfTroy wrote:

Wicked! Are you going to use KillAp's Fallout 2 Restoration Mod, or is that even allowed? In the end it's still intended content as per what's canon according to the devs, but it was cut due to lack of budjet and time. I made a thread about this topic, actually, but it hasn't gotten any replies yet.
Pronto!
G

opiumx wrote:

Thank you so much! I wish it had controller support so I can play it in the living room.

You can make hotkey macros with some programs so that gamepad commands are turned into keyboard commands before they hit the game's interface so you can use pretty much any kind of device to play games on a PC. =) The one I use currently for all macro purposes is called AutoHotKey, or AHK for short. Just google "keybaord macro program" and you'll find lots of info on this topic. You can also convert mouse clicks and movements into keyboard commands if you want to, etc etc. =)
Pronto!
J

Ghamarro wrote:

JagOfTroy wrote:

Wicked! Are you going to use KillAp's Fallout 2 Restoration Mod, or is that even allowed? In the end it's still intended content as per what's canon according to the devs, but it was cut due to lack of budjet and time. I made a thread about this topic, actually, but it hasn't gotten any replies yet.

It depends on how much it deviates from 'purity' of the game. I used Fallout FIXT since it was a purity patch that had the restoration included to fix a lot of broken quests and scripts.
If it is very similar for Fallout 2, I'll do the same.
AMReese
I almost want you to play each game a second time as a dumb character, but I know that's an unreasonable thing to ask. Instead, I wonder if you'll ever get around to doing Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, or is that asking too much?
J

AMReese wrote:

I almost want you to play each game a second time as a dumb character, but I know that's an unreasonable thing to ask. Instead, I wonder if you'll ever get around to doing Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, or is that asking too much?

I've mentioned it as an option for alternate longplays in the future by playing the dumb guy.

Most likely won't do BoS unless emulation for PS2 is good enough to handle it.

In the meantime, I'm streaming other classics like Project1999 Everquest Red Server whilst the files encode before I can start the next game. :)

www.twitch.tv/jagoftroy
G

JagOfTroy wrote:

Ghamarro wrote:

JagOfTroy wrote:

It depends on how much it deviates from 'purity' of the game. I used Fallout FIXT since it was a purity patch that had the restoration included to fix a lot of broken quests and scripts.
If it is very similar for Fallout 2, I'll do the same.

Well it's kinda the same but it's more comprehensive; there's a lot more content restored that was cut due to budjet and time limitations. KillApp was in contant with the devs via email to learnt what they intended to do with the cut material so he ended up finishing some of them that had missing key components, but the restoration mod has a lot of bugfixes and balance tweaks aswell. IIRC the mod had a modular installer where you pick which components you wanted to install.
Pronto!
G

JagOfTroy wrote:

AMReese wrote:

I've mentioned it as an option for alternate longplays in the future by playing the dumb guy.

Most likely won't do BoS unless emulation for PS2 is good enough to handle it.

In the meantime, I'm streaming other classics like Project1999 Everquest Red Server whilst the files encode before I can start the next game. :)

www.twitch.tv/jagoftroy

What kind of character did you play in your first FO1 longplay? Would it make more sense to play a negative of what kijnd of game you played to get as much deviation in the content of the longplay? Ofc if your char was smart, then dumb would be the polar opposite but I mean more comprehensively i.e. if you played a good guy and befriended faction A, then the most deviant game would be to be an evil guy and befriend faction B etc etc.
Pronto!
J
Yes but I tried to cover as much content as possible in FO1.

It gets harder to do as things become more faction-based further into the series.

I generally deviate towards more of a bad guy, though I won't do anything that compromises more important storylines.
G

JagOfTroy wrote:

Yes but I tried to cover as much content as possible in FO1.

It gets harder to do as things become more faction-based further into the series.

I generally deviate towards more of a bad guy, though I won't do anything that compromises more important storylines.

Word. I usually played this kind of games first with a smart goody-two-shoes samaritan with guns and high charisma, and the second playthrough with an evil dumb brawler explosions guy. Fallout: New Vegas gave me a little bit of grey hair with this as you can join one of four factions so I would need four playtrhoughs but I did it like this; first good guy with New California Republic, and the second playthrough as an evil guy with Caesar's Legion, and since a lot of side-quests didn't offer more than two choices (usually good or bad) I didn't play it from the beginning the third and the fourth time for your own faction or Mr. House respectively, but instead made a save right before at the point of no return where you decide which faction you pick, and then I loaded from that on the third and fourth playthrough to see all the content.

Are you going to do FO3 and FONV too, or just the oldies but goldies?
Pronto!
J
I was asked to do FO3 as well so I'll be doing them all.

Fallout is ready for download!
G

JagOfTroy wrote:

Will you record in 1080p60 for FO3 and FO:NV?
Pronto!
J

Ghamarro wrote:

JagOfTroy wrote:

Nope, if the game was on X-box 360, then we record in 720p on PC to match original resolution.

FO4 will be 1080p though!
G

JagOfTroy wrote:

Ghamarro wrote:

JagOfTroy wrote:

Nope, if the game was on X-box 360, then we record in 720p on PC to match original resolution.

FO4 will be 1080p though!

That doesn't make any sense. How is Xbox360's resolution any more "original" than that of the PS3 or the pseudo-standard 1080p of PC, since it was a x-platform release anyways. If people want to watch it in 720p then they can just pick that one from the youtube player settings. And what about the framerate? Will it be 60 fps or plain 30 fps? Xbox360 supports fps up to 60, right?
Pronto!
J
It'll be 60 FPS.
J
Halfway through Fallout 2 right now, Fallout 1 is up and ready for download in the mean time.
G

JagOfTroy wrote:

Halfway through Fallout 2 right now, Fallout 1 is up and ready for download in the mean time.

It's a different franchise alright but I'd like to ask what are your thoughts on Wasteland 1 and 2? Since they are kinda in same league with Fallout games with the exception that it's team based whereas Fallout companions are AI controlled, but that aside, are you going to make longplays out of the Wasteland games?
Pronto!
J
I've never played them so it would take a long time to get done since I'd have to do a bunch of research and get familiar with the game.

Not saying I won't but it is unlikely for now.
J
Do you still plan to upload Fallout 2? It disappeared from "Submission Status" list...
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.