Question about GTA IV on 1080p 30FPS

Last updated on 8 years ago
martanius
Hello. I would like to ask if it will be accepted if I'll record GTA IV on fullhd, but on 30FPS. I know that you want modern games to be on 60FPS, but it looks like that GTA IV game engine just dont like it on 60FPS or what the heck causes it, but I cant keep game run at 60FPS stable... it doesnt even hit 60FPS, its highly unstable and just jumping from 55-54FPS to 45-42FPS and again. It depends on where I am but its like my PC isnt powerfull enough. I dont think that when I can run GTA V on max. details on full HD at stable 60FPS and much more newest games on fullhd 60FPS, so I cant keep that freaking GTA IV ,which is 7 years old, on 60FPS stable. You can read my description under this topic to check if GTA IV should be nice enough to allow me play that game on 60FPS or not. Even when I turn off vsync it just jumping between 220-42FPS....
Everyone know that GTA IV was horribly optimized for PC port, so I think its just game dont like it on 60FPS (30FPS runs stable everywhere).

I was just thinking about making a longplay of this game and after hours of trying to get it to 60FPS stable, R* suggestions with vidmemwhatever, other programs to make it smoother etc... I ended up at this point.

Can I record it at 30FPS ?
Thanks.
You won't know it 'till you try it.
MadMatty
If you cant record 60 fps 720p, then don't bother and look for another game ;)
Spazbo4
i dont understand why you cant run it at 60 fps, are those your pc specs as the signature? because if so then you should be able to run it just fine at even higher framerates
If I can't be the best then I certainly won't be the worst.
martanius
Yes, I'm playing on that spec in my signature.
This is how it runs :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTttJ...e=youtu.be
Spazbo4
with those specs they should not ever go below 60, my 970 can handle the game at constant 60 fps on the highest graphics
Spazbo4
actually i was thinking of GTAV, not 4. i tried playing on 4 and the game just isn't that well optimized on pc as it goes down to 54 for me for some reason when i do stuff
martanius
Ye, GTA V run on my PC like a unicorn on a rainbow, but GTA IV is just fucked up somehow... And I actually enjoying that game pretty much. Its sad...
Frederikct112
There's a reason why i recorded GTA IV on xbox 360. It ran better and the framerate was solid. What exactly were you thinking of recording besides missions?
Awaken my child, and embrace the glory that is your birthright. Know that I am the Overmind; the eternal will of the Swarm, and that you have been created to serve me. ~The Overmind, StarCraft
martanius
Well, I just wanted to playthrought, nothing special.
Frederikct112
I don't really see a point to recording it again...
Awaken my child, and embrace the glory that is your birthright. Know that I am the Overmind; the eternal will of the Swarm, and that you have been created to serve me. ~The Overmind, StarCraft
martanius
It could be recorded in 60FPS on highest graphics settings on fullhd, but when the game cant keep itself on 60FPS, then there really is no point in recording it again, true :/
ULTIMA

Spazbo4 wrote:

i dont understand why you cant run it at 60 fps, are those your pc specs as the signature? because if so then you should be able to run it just fine at even higher framerates

Most likely has AA set to MSAA x8 - MSAA slows FPS down like crazy.
Spazbo4
no, the pc version just doesn't run at 60 fps without use of mods
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.