Recording PS 3 games

Last updated on 8 years ago
martanius
Hello guys. I'll be just getting my recording card to record games on gaming consoles.
I'd just like to ask you if I should set it to record at highest resolution that is shown on the game cover and the main question is if I should it have on 60FPS.
I planning to record God of War Ascension, ut as you can see here :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=622a0...22a0zBwZpk

The FPS isnt quite stable. I just want to be sure before I start playing to avoid some problems with meeting quality. Thank you.
You won't know it 'till you try it.
MadMatty
720p 60 fps is what should be used.
Spazbo4
if a console game does not have a stable framerate there is nothing you can do about it. I record console games in 60 fps and use editing software to make it 30 fps if the game is 30 fps or I keep it 60 depending on whatever the fgramerate of the game is
for consoles like xbox 360 and ps3 the resolution should be in 720p and for xbox one and ps4 you would need to check what the resolution of the game itself is for that specific console to know if it should be recorded in 720p or 1080p, usually ps4 games run at 1080p or at resolutions higher than 720p so it is best to just record them at 1080p but some xbox one games run at 720p naitively so you have to make sure you know the resolution of the game on that specific console before you start recording
If I can't be the best then I certainly won't be the worst.
martanius
Okay. I have Ratchet and Clank HD collection for PS 3 and at back side of the cover is 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p so I suppose in this case I should record at 1080p 60FPS, right ?

And is there something to show FPS counter on PS 3 so I will know what FPS exactly the game run at ? Thank you.
Geekmeister
If you have FRAPS, then that will show you the framerate in the recording software, at least that is the case with Hauppauge Capture.
Geek Power!
Spazbo4
fraps is not accurate for me on those programs, what I do is when editing I see how many frames each image uses. like if it is 30 fps and recorded at 60 fps then every 2 frames will be exactly the same
also since it is ps3 I would just record it in 720p just to save space since ps3 games dont really need to be recorded in 1080p since graphics on that console aren't super amazing like how ps4, xbox one and pc games are these days
martanius
Ok. Thanks for tips and help :)
MadMatty
The game frame rate is irrelevant. Just record at 60 and it comes out however it comes. It will still be accurate to the game and console and everyone will see it the same way ;)
martanius
Ok. Thanks. Just too bad that I wasnt counting with HDCP protection that is used on PS 3 :/ I'll buy HDMI splitter and I'll see if it will help...
Spazbo4
don't use a splitter because it degrades the quality. just record with component for ps3
martanius
Ok. Thanks. I hope it will be ok with that. I dont understand why is that HDCP protection on PS 4, but you can disable it there.... and on PS 3 you cant disable it normally....
-----------------
Ok, I just connected it via component calbe and the good news are that it works! But the bad news are that something is just causing the image to look horrible.... When I'm in the main menu of PS 3 (that right after you turn it on) it looks normal, but when I scroll to Game DVD disc and right after it shows image of that game and starts the music, it does look like this (it is in 1280x720p 60FPS, if that is not avaiable for you in youtube settings, then its probably still being processed) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zl8a...e=youtu.be

-----------------------------

Woops :) Never mind... I just swapped these 2 red connectors and it works now with no probs. Thank you all! :D
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.