LGX stutters issue

Last updated on 8 years ago
martanius
Hi. Someone have this stuttering issue ? Any tips ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au_Cs...e=youtu.be
You won't know it 'till you try it.
Spazbo4
it's rather hard to tell when you upload it to youtube, why not have a download of the actual file so we can get a better look at it
als so far i have had no problems with my LGX other than the actual software it comes with doesnt want to recognize my device sometimes and i have to reinstall it completely
If I can't be the best then I certainly won't be the worst.
martanius
Ok. Here is the whole original file that came out of Recentral 2. It looks the same like on youtube. Picture quality is ok, but every few seconds there is stuttering. As I lookd at it in sony vegas, it just duplicate frames. I know that maybe this happen because at that time PS3 dont render 60FPS, but as you can see in video, few seconds it is fine, no stuttering, so 60FPS, but then few seconds there is stuttering and after another few seconds there is not and again and again... But when I change source on my monitor to that HDMI connected to capture card, it is smooth, but in the app and in recorded file, it looks like that video file.

Click on Download in the upper right corner.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8yuyw5bn8cm...1.mp4?dl=0

Can you tell me what settings are you using in recentral 2 to record and what resolution you play on ? Thanks.
Spazbo4
what mbps do you record it at?
i.imgur.com/XOf7Hlo.png
this is what I used on recentral 1 and 2, since it is a console game it can't have perfect framerate constantly so when you are spinning the camera the framerate might drop when the camera shows a certain area, i will take a look at the footage whenever i finish downloading it
Spazbo4
try doing a test of a game that you know is constant 60 fps throughout and see if the lgx keeps up with it
Spazbo4
I just now did a test recording on mortal kombat vs dc universe since i know for sure that most fighting games keep a 60 fps lock constant, except when environment stuff happens then i can guarantee that part, but during the normal fighting i had no double frames so nothing is wrong with my lgx and i dont think anything is wrong with yours either i would just assume the game isnt a constant 60 fps
martanius
I have pretty much the same settings you have. I was recording at 60mb/s video and 248kb/s audio. But even at different bitrate settings it is the same. I tried it on God of War Chains of Olympus, which is remastered from PSP, so it should be at 60FPS, so I tried recording it, but in sony vegas I still find duplicated frames.

Can you upload somewhere that test you was doing ? Maybe there is something wrong with sony vegas, I dunno :D
Spazbo4
I was using media player classic and going frame by frame and i did notice your jack and daxter game having those duplicate frames, but when i tested mortal kombat vs dc universe i didn't have any duplicate frames
MadMatty
Have you got any strange background apps running that could be pulling cpu cycles away from recentral?
martanius
I closed every unneccessary application and even set high priority in task managor to go to recentral, but with no change. My CPU usage while recording is below 20% and RAM nearly 2.5GB of 16GB. Capture card is connected into USB 3.0 hub (I readed somewhere to try to connect capture alone in 3.0 USB hub, I tried it but wiht no change), my drivers are all up to date, I even tried to downgrade LGX drivers and app, but it was either not working properly, or with no change.

My specs:

i7-4790k 4GHz
GTX 980
RAM 16GB
MSI Z97 Gaming 5
3x HDD with 7200rpm (recording always at the one with no other usage)
1x SSD

So now I tried to record my PC when I started GTA SA where I have stable 60FPS. Recorded with fraps alone - no duplicates. Recorded with recentral - duplicates every few frames, just like on PS3. You can see for yourself :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sizekvbzoh5...t.mp4?dl=0

I was serarching for it everywhere, for some soltion, but nowhere to find. On forums they say that you should try to record at same resolution and framerate you are playing, that is what I always do, but with no change.

It must deffinetly be something with drivers or software or maybe with capture card itself. I think that it is probably some software issue, because when I playing, I have PS3 > Capture card > monitor, so every frame must go throught capture card, because when I change source to HDMI from capture card, the game runs smoothly, but in recentral and in video, it have duplicated frames.
Spazbo4
i did my test while rendering with sony vegas, and if he has the same specs as me then he would have to be doing some heavy duty background processing
Spazbo4
it could just be the game itself not having a constant 60 fps, since it is a console game there is no way to control that
martanius
I tested it with GTA SA on PC that have stable 60FPS, but still same result.
Spazbo4
you recorded GTA SA through the LGX?
martanius
Yes
Spazbo4
recording and playing the game through the same computer?
if that is what you did then i wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happened.

here is a file that i just now redid again ebcause i deleted the other one from earlier, and I was rendering with sony vegas so my PC can handle heavily cpu processes while recording, but i havent tried recording a game being played from my pc while recording it through the lgx
https://www.mediafire.com/?dnmure0bkv...e0bkvyljfu
MadMatty
A couple of videos you can try on console and capture. You can see how 59.4 and 60 fps video is handled.

59.4 fps

60 fps

That's assuming the consoles can even play 1080p@60 videos. (Not tested)
martanius

Spazbo4 wrote:

recording and playing the game through the same computer?
if that is what you did then i wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happened.

here is a file that i just now redid again ebcause i deleted the other one from earlier, and I was rendering with sony vegas so my PC can handle heavily cpu processes while recording, but i havent tried recording a game being played from my pc while recording it through the lgx
https://www.mediafire.com/?dnmure0bkv...e0bkvyljfu

Thank you. But I see dupllicates there, very similiar to what my LGX doing too. I can clearly see it when the camera was moving towards that platform right at the start and in avidemux I see some duplicates during that fight too. But it can be hardly noticed when the camera is not moving around fast, but when you have game where you frequently moving around with camera and you can see that environment in the far is moving fast, then these duplicates makes video laggy. Especially when you recording at 30FPS or lower (I know your is at 60FPS :)).

Why it should be doing that while playing and recording at the same computer ? My CPU usage wasnt even near 40% and I was recording at different HDD than the game was loading from.
Spazbo4
during the actual fight the game is constant 60 fps, except when there are things like dust particles on the ground, other than that it is a constant 60 fps video.
I don't know where else you see duplicate frames except when the camera is panning to the stage. as a fighting game the menus and most other things are 30 fps but once it says fight then teh game goes to 60 fps. same thing happened in mk10, it even went to 30 fps during the xray moves for that game
Spazbo4
you have to remember that consoles aren't perfect and can framedrop, i should have tried doing injustice on ps4 or something for a better result, but looking at your video you always have the duplicate frame after the same amount of frames
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.