Landstalker (Sega Genesis)

Last updated on 8 years ago
C
Hello everyone, I see that quite a few announcements about upcoming Landstalker LP have been made but none were actually fulfilled up to completion. So I'd be happy to undertake the task and get it done once and for all ; I've played this game back in 1994 and finished it half a dozen of times from that time, it's one of my favorite games.

I've got a question however... can I just submit the .bk2 file from BizHawk and have someone dump/encode the video ? Got a very old computer here and this thing is not going to get the job done.
NPI
You can but you need to be specific which Bizhawk version you are using, otherwise the movie file wouldn't work.
C
I'm 90% done with the recording... I've been using the latest BizHawk release as of June, 17, could you please list me on "Longplays Status" list ? The name's Conglomera.
C
Ok, so I'm done recording here... Apart of the .bk2 file, what and where do I upload ?
C
Thanks to Spazbo4 who said he's gonna encode the movie... So here are the files :
Rom + Movie file.
BizHawk 1.11.6 for Windows, the one I've used to record the movie.
Prereq files for BizHawk in case you never installed BizHawk on your current computer.

@Spazbo4 : Please confirm in this thread that you're undertaking the task.
P.S: Don't forget to add a credit to yourself !
Spazbo4
While encoding I came across an audio desynch so i have to do something to fix it
If I can't be the best then I certainly won't be the worst.
Spazbo4
i cant seem to figure out how to fix the audio desynch, virtualdub doesnt give me the usual option of fixing it by syncing the framerate with the audio so there is nothing i can do about this and you will have to do it yourself or ask somebody else to do it
C
Do you have an Idea about what caused the desynch and why isn't that "virtualdub" giving you the usual options ? We would need a trail to start from... though I'm completely clueless on the subject, what do you suggest ?
R
Maybe the longplay is too long and has to be split in parts? MeGUI does have an issue with encoding videos that are over 8 hours long.
Spazbo4
its not megui's fault
C
I was poking around in BizHawk and noticed the "Alternate Sync" checkbox in Avi/Wav config dialog... That option is undocumented and I wonder if it could be the magical fix you should look at to this particular issue ?

[EDIT] At what what point in movie time does the desync occurs ?
Spazbo4
bizhawk makes multiple movie files, after every 1.86 gb so every new video the audio gets synched again in the beginning of each clip but gradually gets desynched because the audio and video frames do not match
Spazbo4
i fixed it a different way but give me a few days to get it uploaded, once i have it on the ftp get somebody to get it on the archive for ya
Spazbo4

Reinc wrote:

Maybe the longplay is too long and has to be split in parts? MeGUI does have an issue with encoding videos that are over 8 hours long.

There is actually a way to get megui to encode longer than 8 hours, you just have to add multiple videos into the script and combine them
C
Cool... you're the man ! So how many 1.86 GB chunk did it take ?
Spazbo4
it doesnt matter, anyways you are a part of the longplayers group so submit the info for the game so i can process it
when you select uploaded on the submission page you will be able to input info for it, make sure you put 2967455114 for the file size and 10:16:31 for the movie length
C
It's done...
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.