A Question About Submitting Wii Longplays

Last updated on 5 years ago
DiggerandIndy
As we know, some Wii games don't expand to widescreen because Nintendo didn't quite figure that out at the time. I have some questions about submitting longplays for the Wii.

1. What's the acceptable resolution in making longplays for widescreen games (i.e. Wii Sports) and at what size? 480p? 720p? Also I'd like to know about the non-widescreen games (i.e. Klonoa, MLB Power Pros)

2. Is it all right if I use the Wii U to record Wii longplays? Whoever recorded the New Play Control! Pikmin longplay mentioned in his description that he used his Wii U. If so, is it all right if I use HDMI? Also, what's the accepted resolution for this?

I have seen the accepted resolutions in another forum, but I've noticed that it's outdated, and I'm just asking for clarity. Thanks!
Mariofan98
I think that can help you: https://www.longplays.eu/forum/viewth...ad_id=6935

I say only you might need a component cable for 480p.
Mariofan98

boricuaretrogamer wrote in "Longplays Resolutions needs to be updated!":

Nintendo >> Wii: 720x480 (480p if possible - not supported by all games)
Frederikct112
Hi DiggerandIndy,

Wii Longplays should be submitted in 720x480, 480p if possible.

One of my friends used his WiiU to record a Wii Longplay namely Pikmin 1. He recorded it in 720p60fps.

Link to his Longplay on WoL and YT: https://www.longplays.eu/downloads.ph...ad_id=6473 https://youtu.be/CjsSaK7A_tg

When the new site hits soon hopefully we should be able to make new guides that are a little more updated.
Awaken my child, and embrace the glory that is your birthright. Know that I am the Overmind; the eternal will of the Swarm, and that you have been created to serve me. ~The Overmind, StarCraft
Spazbo4
yeah that shouldnt have been accepted with that resolution
If I can't be the best then I certainly won't be the worst.
Frederikct112
Well i asked Schlauchi about it at the time and he told me it was allowed...
Awaken my child, and embrace the glory that is your birthright. Know that I am the Overmind; the eternal will of the Swarm, and that you have been created to serve me. ~The Overmind, StarCraft
DiggerandIndy
So it's official: 720x480, preferrably 480p?
Frederikct112
Yes. Via component cable.
Spazbo4
no, through component
If I can't be the best then I certainly won't be the worst.
Frederikct112
Ah yes thats what i meant sorry.
Mariofan98
(@)DiggerandIndy You can change the TV resolution on the Wii U to 480p.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.