Atmospheric Games

Last updated on 4 years ago
J
Hello, everyone.

I've been a life-long fan of games with great atmospheres, meaning that the game presents its internal world to you in a manner that allows you to feel enveloped or drawn in to it, this isn't always relative with the experience of immersion. My earliest examples and favorites are Donkey Kong Country (SNES), Space Quest (PC) & Sweet Home (NES). Current examples and favorites are No Man's Sky (PC), Subnautica (PC), Dark Souls III (PS4), Bloodborne (PS4), Doom (PS4), & many more.

So, the question of this thread is: What are your thoughts regarding "Atmospheric Games" (Positive & Negative are equally welcomed.) & what are your experiences with them (If you don't mind sharing with the forum)? :)
SuqMadiq
Of all the games you mentioned, Dark Souls III is my favorite.
One of the best games I've ever played. The basically non-existant story makes it very easy to come back to. The gameplay and difficulty is based on your build. The viable builds are extremely varied, and though the difficulty is very high, it's always beatable and everything about it is pure class all around. There have only been a couple dozen games that get the highest possible recommendations from me, and this is around the very top of that.
A
I must say that among all the games you mentioned, Dark Souls III is my favorite. It's like a masterpiece that is both challenging and rewarding. The game's lack of a detailed storyline adds to its allure, making it easy to come back to time and time again. The gameplay and difficulty level is dependent on your build, which allows for an array of viable builds that are highly varied. Although the game is undeniably difficult, it's always beatable, which makes every victory feel like a triumph.
E
Run 3 is a popular endless running game that offers a unique twist to the traditional endless runner genre. In this game, players control a character who is constantly running and must navigate through a series of challenging and futuristic platforms suspended in space.
D
Atmosphere is highly subjective, and what works for one player may not resonate with another. Some players might find certain atmospheres more distracting than immersive.Its minimalist approach to storytelling, combined with a beautiful soundtrack, creates a serene and emotionally impactful experience.rice purity test
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.