Training before recording?

Last updated on 3 years ago
S
How are you guys have time to record multiple games? It's better to watch/read a walkthrough before actually recording a game or pass the game at once then record? Also i'm interested why there is no good rerecording emulator for Arcade?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xypy3CAjHcI

It's a skills?
KAGE-008
I would suggest completing the game off-screen first, then analyzing the most optimal way of doing a 100% completion without getting lost for the recording session.

If you are going to make use of the re-recording feature, then it would be much easier since you can rollback the mistakes by playing the video, pausing at a sweet spot, savestating there, re-enabling input writing and loading the savestate you have just made.
S
What if MAME emulator doesn't support rerecording in some games? I've tried to save/load in Battletoads (Arcade), but i've got a desync.
KAGE-008
There's FinalBurn Neo which I think supports re-recording as well. However, my recommendation is to wait until a proper Arcade core gets added into BizHawk.
Ravenlord
Arcade/Mame does not support proper input recording yet! It will desync in most games, there are some ways to do it and get it done properly but it is too much hassle, it is best to wait until it gets integrated into bizhawk indeed.
KAGE-008
Forgot to tell you Battletoads arcade was done a very long time ago: https://longplays.org/infusions/longplays/longplays.php?cat_id=1&longplay_id=4844

Sorry but you are too late for that one. Sad
S
I know, I just chose the game as example.
S
How long should I wait?

there are some ways to do it and get it done properly

How to do that? I heard that if you got a desync, you should rarely use savestates.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.