JonL's longplays

Last updated on 14 years ago
JonL
Currently recording

NOTHING!
Hello, my name is JonL and I'm a Minecraft addict.

Todo (definitely)

- Duke Nukem 3D
- Rune
- Heretic 2 (CD music does not loop! any idea anyone?)
- Quake + Mission packs
- Quake 2

Todo (maybe)

- Shadow Warrior
- Dark Forces
- Jedi Knight
- Jedi Knight 2
- Clive Barker's Undying
- Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

Done

- Ultimate Doom
- Doom II
- Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders
- Hexen: Beyond Heretic
- Half-Life
- Half-Life: Opposing Force
- Half-Life: Blue Shift
- Gunman Chronicles
- Severance: Blade of Darkness
- Half-Life 2
- Half-Life 2: Episode One
- Half-Life 2: Episode Two
J
Can you do such games as Duke Nukem 3D and Wolfenstein 3D.
JonL
I think Phlebiac would like to record Duke Nukem 3D. We'll see how it goes ;-)

As for Wolfenstein 3D, I'm really sorry but no. Rooms and halls looked all the same, and the level design was either plain or labyrinthic. Oh! And there was no automap. :-(
Really sorry, but that's more than I can put up with.
J
I see it's fine how about any Quake games.
JonL
Yes. I intend to record Quake, but I just didn't want to put too many games in my list at first.
I will add more later, when I have recorded the ones here.
Ravenlord
Looking forward to Hexen, great game, great atmosphere ;)
Sic Parvis Magna
J
I know I'm just giving you ideas on you could do that's all I don't expect you to do every game I say.
JonL
@Ravenlord :
The atmosphere is what I love most about Hexen. ^^
I was wondering what character I should use, Fighter or Cleric? The Magician is definitely not an option for me. The Cleric is easier with his healing serpent staff.
What do you think?
dave1196
i have a question. would you ever consider hexen 2?
JonL
I'm afraid not.
At first there was a commendable attempt at providing some atmosphere (I'm thinking of the medieval, egyptian and maya levels), but after that what remained was just a bunch of generic and confusing labyrinths. :-(
dave1196
oh ok
Ravenlord
@JonL : Definetly Fighter, I'm always for swords and brute force, never been for magic and spells, in any game ;)
Sic Parvis Magna
JonL
Fighter it will be, then. ;-)
As soon as Heretic is done, of course.
Ravenlord
Well don't take it on my word, if you think you'll do better with some other character be my guest ;)
Sic Parvis Magna
Henintern
You seem to dislike the Mage/Wizard.
JonL
I like both Fighter and Cleric, but everytime I tried to play as Wizard, I came to the conclusion that his weapons are really weak.
If I remember correctly, his first weapon is an ice spell. On a basic grunt, you need to shoot at least 3 times before it gets frozen, and then the block of ice remains in your way. If it's in a narrow corridor, you need either to shoot a 4th time to make it explode or switch to the basic weapon to avoid losing mana.
Anyway, all of his weapons consume a lot of mana and are not powerful enough to compensate. I kept running out of mana all the time.
Oh! And to make it worse, his stamina is lower than the other two. A really difficult character.
Ravenlord
That's why I always prefer warrior and similar characters, in any RPG, i mean Mages and like that are great, interesting and everything, but mana loss and spells are sometimes problem to beat some enemies, until you get more powerful spells of course, but until then you must go through hell and high water ;)
Sic Parvis Magna
Henintern
How far along are you with Heretic?
JonL
About 40% I guess. Episode 1 is done. Doing Episode 2 at the moment.

By the way, I didn't know that Shadow of the Serpent Riders is to Heretic what Ultimate Doom is to Doom. Never seen the additional episodes.

I should have recorded that one from the start. Maybe I'll add the 2 SOTSR episodes later...
Henintern
It's never too late to start again, lol. Make people wait longer for it.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.