RPG requests

Last updated on 13 years ago
DragonChi
There are quite a few RPG's that I enjoy and would really like to see in a Longplay. Such as:

Diablo 2 w/Barbarian
Breath of Fire 1 and 3
Terranigma
SoulBlazer
Seiken Densetsu 3

scott2147
secret of mana and secret of evermore
ripwfdopplr
I was going to start an RPG thread but i saw this one and thought I'd add to it....

These would be AWESOME to see:

Breath of Fire series (especially 3 & 4)
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones (GBA) (w/ the battle animations)
Final Fantasy Tactics (GBA and PSX)
Terranigma
Secret of Mana
Secret of Evermore
Legend of Mana
Sword of Mana
Star Ocean: The 2nd Story
Mother 2 & 3
Saga Frontier 1 & 2
Xenogears
Azure Dreams
Chrono Cross

Any or all of these (especially ALL of them) :)

Tsunao
I'm-a provide answers to some!!

Diablo 2 w/Barbarian
Some PC nut around here might do it. (I'm not a PC gamer anyway). I think one person is trying (dunno if with Barbarian), but he/she/it is having a beef with cutscenes and FRAPS.

SoulBlazer, Terranigma
Never played SoulBlazer or Terranigma (especially Terranigma since it was never released in the US). Well, I played a bit of Terranigma, but never beat it. Someone around here might.

Seiken Densetsu 3, Legend of Mana, Sword of Mana, Secret of Mana
Someone around here is going to do the Seiken Densetsu series (I can't remember). Will he/she/it do Dawn of Mana (Seiken Densetsu 4) is anyone's guess. Same could be said of Children of Mana and Heroes of Mana (DS emulator is quite slow for people, even for me.)

Breath of Fire series (especially 3 & 4)
Question: which versions? o_O (1 and 2 are on SNES and GBA) III is on PSX and PSP (PSP in Europe. It is a port) What about V? (Dragon Quarter)

Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones (GBA) (w/ the battle animations)
And the video will be SUPAH LONG!! Not to mention it has 2 stories. If I was to do it, I would use a glitch to allow Lute to use Dark Magic (it's possible). Archsage Lute FTW!! (plus, she's cute. :3)

Final Fantasy Tactics (GBA and PSX)
Glad you mentioned PSX, though it has a questionable translation (I think. I never understood the game. Granted, I was a kid) PSP version is more cleaner...but has SLOWDOWN!! Don't forget A2 (DS).

Secret of Evermore, Mother 2
I THINK someone is doing SoE, but he hasn't posted his first Longplay yet. He/she/it has finished Mario RPG though. If he can get his first LP up, then he/she/it might do SoE and Mother 2 (aka EarthBound). Fun fact: SoE isn't a SD game and it was made in US and STILL hasn't been released in Japan in any form to this day.

Star Ocean: The 2nd Story
Dunno about doing the PSX version, but I think I can always do the PSP version. Then again, I'm not a Star Ocean person. Someone around here might do it.

Saga Frontier 1 & 2
The only SaGa games I played are SaGa 1 (aka The Final Fantasy Legend) and Unlimited SaGa. I STILL haven't beat Unlimited SaGa (got to this one boss and all I remember was Doom Lancer and Paralysis. Sad part: I didn't make a back-up save. >_>) On topic: someone might do it around here. I'm really not a SaGa person. If it helps someone, SaGa Frontier is on PSX.

Azure Dreams
Heard of it, never played it. Pray someone will do it.

Xenogears
Someone said he/she/it was doing it...but that was a bunch of years ago. He/she/it posted in his thread...after some years later. Something about a blog or something. If he isn't doing this, I can definitely do this (CFW PSP, like I did with Parasite Eve). I...just have to see if I can get past Deus with some luck (one attack is known to freeze the game if not played on a PSX. I think the PSN version is fixed. BRB gonna find how to play a [d]totally not downloaded from somewhere[/d] PSN game on a CFW PSP)

Chrono Cross
I've already called shotgun on this one. Don't expect to see Glenn.

My RPG checklist to do:
Golden Sun series, Brain Lord, Mother 3 (and maybe 1 since it has a translation), Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection, Persona 3 Portable, and Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
K
I may have gotten my Super Mario RPG LP done, but getting it formatted and stuff just feels like it's going to be a lot of work, so I dunno if it's actually gonna happen, much less Secret of Evermore and EarthBound getting done.

I'm also on a massive World of Warcraft binge right now. So...Yeah.
Ivan
I'm doing a longplay of Diablo II LoD with Necromancer, but if I can get the thing going, I may as well complete at least normal difficulty with all characters, so a Barbarian longplay will come out, sooner or later.
Just need the time.
Cheers,

Ivan
Karuto
I think that if my brother does follow through and upgrade his computer, I was going to buy a game capture device and actually get around to doing Xenogears (I am the guy Tsunao was talking about). Course, even if he doesn't, I will do it anyway soon. I apologize for not doing it sooner, but I would love to make this happen and want to call shotgun on it. Been coming to this site so much and would love to give back. :)
"Live by one's own strength, stand on one's own feet."
ripwfdopplr
@Tsunao Thanks for responding so promptly and thoroughly! I'm glad to hear that most of these are at least being considered. Also, I knew that SoE had an American composer but I didn't know all that other stuff, very interesting!

I've played a lot of Star Ocean: 2nd Story but never beat it... Same thing with Saga Frontier 1 & 2 and Xenogears... I got all the way to the end of Xenogears but I could never figure out how to replenish your Gears' fuel outside of using an Inn or something (Sorry, it's been years since I've played that game).
Tsunao
@Karuto :
Ah, now I remember. You already called shotgun on it. I was just saying because I haven't seen a post for a while. :3 Besides, my plate's full and I have to make another Xenogears eboot anyway. :3

@ripwfdopplr
You can restore Gear fuel by going to a Gear shop or using Charge in battle, which will restore some Fuel. You can also equip a certain Gear accessory that increases the amount of Fuel charged.
ripwfdopplr
Now, I know there are many requests out there, and this stuff takes alotta time, but I forgot to mention one more RPG that I've played AND beaten but no longer own because (regretfully) I sold it for some desperate dinero... and that would be Grandia for Playstation. I just got the OST a couple days ago and it's been nostalgia overload ever since. Also, some sequels would be a nice peer into the future for me as i have not had the opportunity to play any of them. This website is awesome! I watch these movies more than TV and regular movies and hope to make a couple LPs myself someday. I'm sure there are more RPGs I can think of but that should be enough for now ;)
V
the breath of fire 1 LP i can do for you
If you want to prove yourself...First you must complete the task you're given. - Auron (Final Fantasy X)
L
The format and things to get it just feels like it will be a lot of work, so I do not know if it is actually going to happen, more secret never to be completed in and local.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.