Longplay submit / encoding

Last updated on 9 years ago
martanius
Hi... I'm new to this site, but it seems to be nice place :)

But I maybe one day will want to submit some longplay that I recording and I was reading FAQs and topics in Support Section forum and how to submit a longplay, there was that I must click on "Submission Status" link under my navigation panel and there are longplays that are actually recording/encoding/uploading... and there I can submit my own, but I can't see anything like "Submit a longplay" button... I can see just list of longplays and their status.

i58.tinypic.com/21nfleu.png

Where to add new one please ?

And another question. I will probably use OBS (Open Broadcast Software) to record longplay and record it in x264 video (If I'm not mistaken it is H264) with AAC audio codec... but at the end of longplay how to merge them into one video with same audio/video codec ? I'm using Sony Vegas, but I cant find any settings with H264/AAC codecs... I just downloaded H264 for Sony Vegas... but still I cant find "AAC" in audio format to set and still I can just set this in .avi.... there is .mp4, but I cant set H264/AAC codecs... and .mkv I cant find at all in sony vegas.

So I'll have the clips in correct format, but still can't merge them into one clip that is same... how you doing this guys ? :)

Thanks for reply.
Spazbo4
you got to get an admin to add you to the longplayers group
If I can't be the best then I certainly won't be the worst.
martanius
Ok. Thanks :)
Spazbo4
also you won't be able to get mkv files to work in sony vegas, at least as far as i know, and don't use obs to record longplays, get something like fraps or dxtory, and use lagarith codec with dxtory if you use that to record pc longplays
If I can't be the best then I certainly won't be the worst.
Jihao
OBS is more for streaming, I wouldnt recommend it for archiving.
Try to get the best quality you can first from the source, then encode to x264.
Anything that isnt COD is a game that may be worth playing.
Alex Kidd

Jihao wrote:

OBS is more for streaming, I wouldnt recommend it for archiving.
Try to get the best quality you can first from the source, then encode to x264.

Thanks for the advice!
- Alex Kidd
"Do i really have to graduate, or can i just stay here for the rest of my life?"
martanius
Ye, thanks. I'll use fraps and encode with MeGui.
boricuaretrogamer
Also make sure to have AviSynth installed, the AVISynth script in order to add subtitles & crop the video, and have the NeroAAC to encode audio. If you need more help, plz talk with the admins via IRC! Good luck!
Puerto Rico...GAME ON, Level Up & Happy Gaming!!!Smile
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.