Daxter on PSP

Last updated on 8 years ago
martanius
Hello. Today I started recording Daxter on PSP. It'll be in 480x272 60FPS.

Recorded. Encoded. Uploaded.

i68.tinypic.com/53a8mt.png
You won't know it 'till you try it.
Spazbo4
what are you using to record it?
If I can't be the best then I certainly won't be the worst.
martanius
Live Gamer Extreme using video cable from PSP.
Spazbo4
psx-scene.com/forums/attachments/f158/37135d1345184931-help-playing-psp-games-tv-pspcomponentcableslim.jpg

a cable like this one?
martanius
Yes, thats it.

Why were you asking ? :)
MadMatty
The ability of the later PSP models to output component video was a great idea, well ahead of its time ;)

Using a utility such as RemoteJoy + fraps is potentially much better quality, but can be very annoying to setup and get going but it is the only solution on my old psp 1000.
Spazbo4
i dont think we have any psp longplays that have used that way of recording with the component cables, not sure if it would get accepted
martanius
Why it should not be accepted ?
Spazbo4
afais that way for recording psp games hasnt been tested if it is good enough quality
martanius

MadMatty wrote:

The ability of the later PSP models to output component video was a great idea, well ahead of its time ;)

Using a utility such as RemoteJoy + fraps is potentially much better quality, but can be very annoying to setup and get going but it is the only solution on my old psp 1000.

It took a few hours, but I managed to get RemoteJoy going on my PSP 3006. I did some quality comparsions.
And here it is :

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kmuzkplc1r...iI_aa?dl=0

"testrecentral.mkv" was recorded wtih LGX capture device using recentral 2 (as I did my LP on daxter) and encoded using megui with settings that I use for every my LP.

"testfraps.mkv" was recorded right from RemoteJoy using fraps and encoded with the same settings as previous one.

"testfrapsSOURCE.avi" is the source video file straight from fraps itself.

Take a look by yourself and say hiw big are differences. But I think I'll record my next LP on PSP using remotejoy.
Spazbo4
yeah, when i did a psp recording of a game with the component cables it got rejected by schlauchi, so who did the uploading of daxter?
martanius
Well, that remotejoy x capture device difference is not that huge after encoding.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.