I'm wondering is someone could do the longplays of X-COM UFO Defense and X-COM Terror from the Deep using OpenXcom. OpenXcom is an open-source port of those two games on PC that have a few changes and many bug fixes. Eino replied to a comment that it should be ok to use OpenXcom as long as you don't modify the gameplay much.
A few changes from vanilla:
1. Transport Crafts have no item limit. Instead, items stored on crafts still count towards storage space. (optional)
2. Memorial Screen: accessed from soldiers area, this lists the soldiers who died in the fight against the alien menace. Through the memorial, you can check statistics of the game.
3. Multiple Radar installations provide increased chance of UFO detection (Small Radar is not rendered obsolete by large radar). Hyperwave decoder still renders radar installations obsolete.
4. When a UFO is detected, you have the option to intercept it immediately.
5. Option to set workshop for infinite production and for the product to be sold upon completion.
6. Used clips have their ammo totaled so after the rounds are dispersed among used clips, any remaining is lost.
7. Various game settings, such as force-fire option, force craft launch (bypass repairs, refueling, and reloading), and alien bleeding (fatal wounds can apply to certain aliens)
8. Soldiers on battlescape can be colored to resemble those from inventory screen.
9. Terror missions now have both male and female civilians.
Edited by KiethSomataw99 on 20-04-2017 11:32, 6 years ago