JonL's longplays

Last updated on 14 years ago
E
Hey Jonl, is your Minecraft addiction gone after longplaying it? (say its gone. say its gone)

You dont belive how i want to see your DN3D LP with all secrets and usual for you hight quality playing)))
KiethSomataw99
You probably should update your list, remove Undying, add Unreal, Unreal Mission Pack: Return to Na Pali, and Hexen: Deathkings of Dark Citadel. When you do this Hexen expansion pack, maybe you can do it this time as the mage instead of the fighter.
JonL
If someone (me or someone else) submits a longplay of Duke with replaced textures or sprites, it will get automatically rejected. Read the requirements.
Play long and prosper!
KiethSomataw99
When you do Duke Nukem 3d, make sure you download and use the high resolution pack. It replaces most sprites with polygons.
KiethSomataw99
Maybe you can do the Unreal Series ie. Unreal and its Mission pack both as Gina Skin (woman with black hair), Unreal 2, Unreal Tournament Series and Unreal Championship series.
Phlebiac
Too bad you're hooked on Minecraft.... i can't find my way why it's so addictive....
Corsaire
Damn you, Minecraft! :D
Folie à plusieurs.
K
Hehe, that's an awful lot of trouble to go through to record a game. xD
JonL
Thanks, I was aware of that solution.
But i'm not ready to go through that chore... yet!
I'd rather find a real fix. :/
Play long and prosper!
B
>Heretic 2 (CD music does not loop! any idea anyone?)

Well, I assume the game uses CDA music and plays exactly one track per level, right?
Then you can do the following:
1) Rip the music from the game to wav-format.
2) Start the currently recording level, remember music playing on it, then - turn the ingame music off.
3) Open this exact track in your favourite player and loop the track in the player.
4) Record playthrough of the level with the player playing as background process.
5) Do 1)-4) for the next level.

It's not THAT elegant solution but it just might work.
JonL
List updated.
Play long and prosper!
JonL
As soon as I publish a Quake lp, everybody will want to see Mission packs 1 and 2 as well as Quake 2.
So let's say I need to be in a mood with a lot of motivation to start that lp collection.
Right now, I'm not. I'd rather do some standalone games that don't bring their whole family along. ;-)
Play long and prosper!
Noschi
can't wait to see QUAKE 1

long time not seen / played this game! And as a kid i was tooo weak to beat it without cheats .__.

when will it be recorded???
JonL
Half-Life 2 complete. It's longer than I remembered (more than 9 hours).

I'll start working on Episode 1 and 2 as soon as possible. I have almost no memory of those except this throbbing levitating ball that looked very cool. ^^
JonL
Just a side note for anyone interested:

I'm keeping a higher quality version of each of my longplays. Each one of these videos is roughly twice as big as the one on this website.

So if anyone is interested in these versions, I can upload them temporarily somewhere for you to download. ;-)
JonL
I'm using Tukaram the Barbarian. It would have been easier with the Amazon, but I couldn't resist slashing minotaurs to pieces with a blade that is taller than the character himself! ^^

And I'll probably record Rune after that. It'll feel like holidays after this. :-D
B
Glad to hear about your Severance progress (especially as there aren't decent video longplays for this game as well). :-) What character are you playing with?

As for DbtS, it has a VERY nice and unusual fighting system (and the graphics don't look that bad with Xtended mod). So, if you have a thing for slashers (such as "Rune" or "Severance") - it's well worth checking out. :-)
JonL
Well, never played those games, so I don't think I'll be recording them, sorry. ;-)
Severance is coming along nicely though. Still lots of work needed on this little bastard. 12 maps done, 5 more to go.
B
JonL, as you are going to record "Severance", "Rune" and "Heretic 2", will you maybe consider recording "Die by the Sword" (+"Limb from Limb") and "Knights of the Temple: Infernal Crusade" after these?

There really aren't any decent playthroughs of these games anywhere in the Web.
JonL
Thanks ^^
Alright, I'll keep it in my list.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.